By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild getting paid DLC (new hard mode/new dungeons/new story)

A lot of the complaints would disappear if Nintendo managed it better imo.

The game will certainly be good enough without the DLC, but I think they should've waited a week after release to announce DLC. That way, people would realize they won't die if they don't buy it

Around the Network

Maybe if you name your character ZELDA then you can start the second quest without paying $20

ikachu said:
Maybe if you name your character ZELDA then you can start the second quest without paying $20

Too bad you can't do that

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Maybe it's just a 20$ boobjob on Link. Boobarmor .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

D*mnit! I wished this never happened.

This means my principles are conflicted right now; I don't want to buy this because it's not really fitting, but there's no way I'm going to leave a Zelda dungeon and a storyline on the table. The holiday pack seems to be the only thing worth it because of those two things, but we'll have to wait and see what that "new hard mode" actually is. If it's the regular Hero Mode then that's lame, but if it's Master Quest style then it's amazing. Anyway hopefully it'll be good, the extra dungeon and story, so I won't be wasting my money.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
A lot of the complaints would disappear if Nintendo managed it better imo.

The game will certainly be good enough without the DLC, but I think they should've waited a week after release to announce DLC. That way, people would realize they won't die if they don't buy it

But a few of the features that are part of the package will be available on the day of launch. Thus, it would be weird to announce it would be available after. But I get your point somewhat.

Alkibiádēs said:
This actually gets me excited! Never understood why some people are so opposed to any form of dlc. Hopefully it's like TW3 dlc!

I think it is good news too.  The MK8 DLC was a great deal, so I have no reason to doubt that Ninty will deliver $20 of value here.  

I thought going Naked was the hard mode? And just fighting with a stick? No?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't like it, if I buy it then I've now spent 120 on the game... Nintendo used to get a pass from me for the weaker hardware because of their other practices (free online, free DLC, ect) now they are getting just as bad as everyone else ... I can't believe I'm saying this but Nintendooomed. I hope by the time the Switch has run it's course that i haven't lost all respect for the company.

Zelda has always been something special to me but there is a good chance Nintendo is going to ruin it for me, time will tell.

specialk said:
burninmylight said:

I highly doubt most people make $20 USD an hour.

To get pedantic, the US Department of Labor says that the median weekly earnings in 2016 were around $800. That's right at $20 an hour based on a 40 hour work-week. 

So from the US perspective, the $20 an hour assumption isn't unreasonable. 

That's true... for full-time wage and salary workers who aren't women, Black or Hispanic...

So if we only count white grown men working full-time jobs, then you are totally correct.