By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Soon you will a lot more (Switch) announcements from third-party partners

Nuvendil said:
b00moscone said:
Interesting...but if so what's holding those 3rd parties back from doing so? The only thing I can think of is to announce them at E3 and other conventions.

Some want to avoid Zelda no doubt.  And the Japan conference was very clearly Japan focused, with emphasis on Dragon Quest (including X, a Japan only game), Shin Megami Tensei, Octopath Traveler, a lot of Japanese centric stuff.  And a lot of publishers like to save big announcements for the big stages, the biggest still being E3.  

Ahh yeah, didn't think about the first two points, hopefully we'll see some things in E3, not expecting most of the AAA publishers/games to be on-board with the Switch like they are with the PS4/X1, but you never know i guess

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

He's talking Nindies. GDC 2017 starts on the 27th February and ends on launch day 3rd March.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Having a standalone Black Flag game (based on Assassin's Creed Black Flag) would be amazing Ubisoft. About the only thing that they could do to excite me.

Let's see what that means, because mass effect which comes out 2 weeks after it, hasn't been announced.

b00moscone said:
Nuvendil said:

Some want to avoid Zelda no doubt.  And the Japan conference was very clearly Japan focused, with emphasis on Dragon Quest (including X, a Japan only game), Shin Megami Tensei, Octopath Traveler, a lot of Japanese centric stuff.  And a lot of publishers like to save big announcements for the big stages, the biggest still being E3.  

Ahh yeah, didn't think about the first two points, hopefully we'll see some things in E3, not expecting most of the AAA publishers/games to be on-board with the Switch like they are with the PS4/X1, but you never know i guess

I doubt they are looking for fantastuc multiplat support.  Pretty good will suffice.   Cause I think they are betting on getting a number of incidental third party exclusives: Yokai-Watch, Monster Hunter, Bravely series (Octopath Traveler looks like a spiritual successor), Shin Megami Tensei, etc.  And they're probably right, these devs have strong foundations on Nintendo hardware and the handheld space and the Switch brings both plus a pathway to a console audience.  

Around the Network
areason said:
Let's see what that means, because mass effect which comes out 2 weeks after it, hasn't been announced.

Mass Effect: Andromeda was confirmed to NOT be planned for Switch, same goes for For Honor. 

All good news. Nintendo should most definitely support the middleware that allows quick porting and development for smaller studios and projects. Use the engines and platforms folks are already using.

This probably doesn't mean much for AAA games, but those alone won't allow the Switch to sink or swim. Make it easy for developers lower on the food chain, and build a robust library that way.

Of course! They don't want to get overshadow by Zelda.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hopefully they get AAA games.

Don't care where they come from but ideally needs to be exclusive games even if there are only exclusive by being remix's of the original games or extra levels etc. Direct ports also available on other formats at much lower prices is not going to do Nintendo any favours.

I'm not expecting anything to be announced that will be ground breaking to be honest but hope to be proved wrong.