By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Microsoft will make Minecraft exclusive to xbox in the future.

They already announced both Minecrafts for Switch, so I don't really see why they would make it exclusive in the future :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
darkenergy said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Lol if they did that the game would die in a instant.

False, it would make people buy the Xbox 360/One/PC/Windows 10 version instead so Minecraft will still be alive but not as big as before.

No one is playing 360 anymore. Few people own a One compared to other systems. Because Xbox One and Win10 only games have been working out so well for them right?

Azzanation said:
RolStoppable said:

The topic is about Minecraft and Xbox exclusivity. If you want to talk about other things, make a new thread and stop bothering the people who make good points.

You state that MS are moving away from Xbox exclusives so why are games like Halo still exclusive to Xbox? Thats not a very good point at all.

As for the OP, i agree that i dont see the reason for MS to release Minecraft on the next PS platform. Clearly the game was contracted to be on PS4 however PS5 and beyond, there is no point with a new generation. They will hold on tight with there game and use to it drive there hardware platofmrs only. Thats my prediction.

As for the Switch version, like the OP states that Nintendo isnt in competition with Xbox and MS. Nintendo seem to have a healthy relationship with MS hence why MS still released Rare games on Gameboy after there purchase. The Switch is also a portable device which will drive Minecraft in the portable market however as for home consoles there really only needs to be one home console. If gamers dont like it, well they have plenty of time to think about there next home console purchase since there not coming out in awhile. I do suggest that if you want to play it safe and are a huge Minecraft fan i suggest getting the console which owns the IP. Than you wont be disapointed.

Halo 5 released before their shift away from Xbox-only titles. It's certainly possible Halo 6 could be Xbox only, we'll have to wait and see, but as it stands every 1st party title since their shift has included Windows 10.

Snoopy said:
RolStoppable said:

Has Microsoft released Halo for Nintendo or Sony in the past? Nope. So what relevance does Halo have to this thread that you are trying to derail?

My point being is Microsoft is known to buy games like Halo and Gears to push xbox sales and realsing on their console only. I think Minecraft will be next. Microsoft wants windows 10 to dominate. Smartphones may have the game, but I can see Microsoft skipping out on steam and playstation in the future.

That's funny. iOS and Android are a much bigger threat to Windows 10 than home consoles... so why aren't you against releasing MineCraft 2 to smartphones and tablets with these OS?

Not happening, Microsoft isn't interested in keeping anything exclusive to Xbox anymore.

Around the Network

At some point people will get tired of this game. They will need to maximize their profits till then. The Xbox has very few true exclusives, I don't see them limiting a i.p they spent tons on.

Err... should we care?

Minecraft, at least on PC, is highly unlikely because its their largest market.

On other consoles? Well, they can end online services at best, but the games are already out.

So... what exactly would they win with this?

SegataSanshiro said:
darkenergy said:

False, it would make people buy the Xbox 360/One/PC/Windows 10 version instead so Minecraft will still be alive but not as big as before.

No one is playing 360 anymore. Few people own a One compared to other systems. Because Xbox One and Win10 only games have been working out so well for them right?

28.8 millions are "few" people for you compared to other system? Or do you think people threw their Xbox 360 away too, not even counting people on PC with Windows 10?

To the OP: Doing that would be completly against the reason why they bought Minecraft in the first place... Making it an exclusive would makes no sense at all.

spurgeonryan said:
Mummelmann said:
And lose 95% of their user base? That would be a ridiculous choice for a game with tens of millions of sales and one of the biggest gaming communities ever.

It could also force those millions to go to Microsoft.

Yes, because people would buy a $300 console to play a game they can get on 10 other devices

I feel like Minecraft 2 is going to be a tricky proposition anyways, limiting it to Xbox & PC / Windows would be too big a risk to take.