By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Microsoft will make Minecraft exclusive to xbox in the future.

I was looking through the top downloaded games on psn, xbl, ect and notice Minecraft is still in the top 5 on the list. I understand Microsoft for not pulling minecraft off of ps4 because that will hurt the image and make a lot of fans upset.  However, I don't think there will be a minecraft for the ps5 going forward. Seems like a very good leverage for Microsoft and pushing windows 10/xbox one. 

Edit: Also, I don't really care for Minecraft on consoles, I did enjoy it on PC when there was mods.

Around the Network

Profits are more important to Microsoft than the Xbox, so obviously Microsoft will take the more profitable route.

Aren't they not just after announcing Minecraft: Switch Edition is coming though? I feel like they're just going to keep that game on as many platforms as possible.

Aura7541 said:
Profits are more important to Microsoft than the Xbox, so obviously Microsoft will take the more profitable route.

So is xbox and windows 10. Microsoft might think it is more worth it to skip their main competition if it means exposing windows 10 to more people around the world.

i doubt it. the Switch is now getting Minecraft, and i wouldnt doubt it if they kept porting it to later platforms.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Good luck with that. Minecraft and Minecraft Story Mode (or whatever the exact name is) are already announced for Switch. Not to mention that Microsoft has been moving away from making exclusive games for Xbox.

I don't see Halo on the Switch or PS5 or at least yet... Microsoft probably giving the game to Nintendo because they want Japan to be exposed to the game and Nintendo isn't really their competition. Nintendo is going a different route from xbox one and ps4 (which is cool).

RolStoppable said:
Snoopy said:

I don't see Halo on the Switch or PS5 or at least yet... Microsoft probably giving the game to Nintendo because they want Japan to be exposed to the game and Nintendo isn't really their competition. Nintendo is going a different route from xbox one and ps4 (which is cool).

The topic is about Minecraft and Xbox exclusivity. If you want to talk about other things, make a new thread and stop bothering the people who make good points.

Well is Microsoft releasing Halo in the future for Nintendo or Sony? Microsoft will use Minecraft to push xbox over their main competion (steam and playstation). Nintendo is doing their own thing and not really competition.

Snoopy said:
Aura7541 said:

So is xbox and windows 10. Microsoft might think it is more worth it to skip their main competition if it means exposing windows 10 to more people around the world.

It's in Microsoft's best interest to get Minecraft to as many people's hands as possible, which means having Minecraft available to all platforms, whether they be dedicated hardware or mobile.

Aura7541 said:
Snoopy said:

It's in Microsoft's best interest to get Minecraft to as many people's hands as possible, which means having Minecraft available to all platforms, whether they be dedicated hardware or mobile.

Microsoft best interest is windows 10 and getting it to as many people as possible. Minecraft can be a great tool to use for that.

RolStoppable said:
Snoopy said:

Well is Microsoft releasing Halo in the future for Nintendo or Sony? Microsoft will use Minecraft to push xbox over their main competion (steam and playstation). Nintendo is doing their own thing and not really competition.

Has Microsoft released Halo for Nintendo or Sony in the past? Nope. So what relevance does Halo have to this thread that you are trying to derail?

My point being is Microsoft is known to buy games like Halo and Gears to push xbox sales and realsing on their console only. I think Minecraft will be next. Microsoft wants windows 10 to dominate. Smartphones may have the game, but I can see Microsoft skipping out on steam and playstation in the future.