By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the PS4 the best of both worlds now? (PC & Consoles)

Hapuc12 said:

Dude you look like the most insecure guy i have ever seen hahah wth.

It was just a thread

Try to refrain from making jabs. If you disagree with a person's points, refute them directly.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
Hapuc12 said:

It was just a thread

Try to refrain from making jabs. If you disagree with a person's points, refute them directly.

hahaha i mean come on guy just made a thread and it turned it a salt session here haahah.

And i just say it how i see it,even though it's wrong i can't help it.

Hapuc12 said:
Aura7541 said:

hahaha i mean come on guy just made a thread and it turned it a salt session here haahah.

Yes, and that is why you have a bias against that poster and device, because you yourself didn't find offense to someone disagree with the op (/s). For someone telling someone to not take it seriously, you tried to refute him with points that were not actually that great points, because things like saying MMOs against free online, well guess what PSPlus doesn't exclude the MMO price of admission (every single thing you said could easily be countered). When trying to act like you have stronger moral ground or better footing in an arguement/debate, try not to take jabs at others is the quickest way to lose that debate. 

Acevil said:
Hapuc12 said:

Yes, and that is why you have a bias against that poster and device, because you yourself didn't find offense to someone disagree with the op (/s). For someone telling someone to not take it seriously, you tried to refute him with points that were not actually that great points, because things like saying MMOs against free online, well guess what PSPlus doesn't exclude the MMO price of admission (every single thing you said could easily be countered). When trying to act like you have stronger moral ground or better footing in an arguement/debate, try not to take jabs at others is the quickest way to lose that debate. 

No i added that later since i wanted to argue a little i rarely argue about this stuff only when something stupid is the topic but now the moment has passed.

And  bias HAHAHAHAHH why would i have bias against him it was just for fun.

And when i debate i never ever mean anything by it (i never mean to insult or degrade anyone),and i never will.

And from my point of view (my point of view) i saw it that way.

BIAS AHAHAHAHAHAH come on i'm sorry but that one caught me off guard i swear to god.

But for everyone to each his own i always say.

foroutright games a ps4 is better even more so a ps4 pro

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
snyps said:
360 controller is better. DS4 is good but not that good. Xbox one controller is worst.

Funny, I'd put them in the exact opposite order. 

zero129 said:
Hapuc12 said:

It was just a thread

HAHAHAHAHA! says the guy who felt the need to try disprove the other users opinion with his own and imo failed.. Golden!

Eh not really i already said i added that after just for the hell of it.

And wasn't it kinda the point of to argue.

And i don't disprove anyone's opinion everyone is entitled to their opinion believe it or not.

My opinions yup let's call them my opinions whatever you want.

(didn't think i had to use this pic twice)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has more gamers.( true but they bought a PC out of neccesity most of them only play f2p)

So... Basically you don't have an argument on this specific point? A Game being Free to Play isn't a bad thing either.
League of Legends has 100 million unique gamers playing it's game each month.
That's more people playing that ONE PC game than there is Playstation 4, Xbox One owners.

http://www.riftherald.com/2016/9/13/12865314/monthly-lol-players-2016-active-worldwide

League of Legends rakes in 100's of millions of dollars every year. Even smashed the $1B barrier. - Not bad for a game that is "only free to play" huh?

http://www.pcgamer.com/league-of-legends-has-made-almost-1-billion-in-microtransactions/

As for people buying a PC out of "necessity" - Who cares? And how does that make the PC a worst platform?
If anything it makes it a more economical one, just use what you have already invested in.

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has more games.(No Not really comparing 30 year old machine to a 3 year old console sounds stupid doesn't it)

Not exactly. The PC has more games. The PC has more games than the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Wii U combined, heck lets throw the 3DS and Vita in there as well shall we?

Not only does the PC have the largest game library... But it can also play the games of other platforms, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Playstation, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, MAME...

The fact that it can play decades worth of games isn't a bad point... Backwards Compatability is obviously a feature people enjoy if the Xbox One is anything to go by.

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has better performance.(Opinion not a fact,it all depends on your PC Specs)

Whilst you are correct it does depend on your specific rig, the fact remains, the PC has better performance, you aren't bound by the Consoles limits.

Consoles are also derived from low-end/mid-range PC hardware, not High-end or Enthusiast.

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has better graphics.(Again opinion not a fact all depends on your specs)

Your use of semantics aside... PC games out of the box tend to have more graphics options and higher settings than their console counterparts, your  hypothetical marginal PC hardware baseline is completely besides the point.

Hapuc12 said:
*PC has better controls.(Again Opinion all depends on skill of the player)

No. Not opinion. - It has the best controls. The keyboard and mouse is the fastest and most accurate control method, nothing to do with skill.

And if you do not like the Keyboard and mouse, then you can use a console controller.

Hapuc12 said:
* PC games are cheaper.(Digital games,Physical console games are all cheaper so again opinion you are comparing Digital Vs Phyisical)

PC games are cheaper. Digital, Physical. Doesn't matter.
Buying a Physical PC game costs less than the console version.

Buying a Digital PC game can sometimes be more than half the price than the console Digital version.

Hapuc12 said:
* PC can even be played mobile.(Ps4 can be played too PsNow to and switch ahahahah)

What?

Hapuc12 said:
* PC is 100% backwards compatible.(PC never even had a compatability it doesn't apply to anything)

Yes it does.
PC has clear breaks in it's hardware and software, that does actually break compatability. There are a ton of Win9x games that are 16-bit that will not operate on Windows 64-bit, but thanks to the power of say... Virtulisation, Dual-Booting, Emulation... You can circumvent those problems.

Hapuc12 said:
* PC can run all your console games eventually.(using emulators illegal,not something to boast imo)

Emulators and Emulation is actually legal in most nations. You should probably look at the various legal precedents that have been set.

Hapuc12 said:
* PC can actually run CD's and 4K Blu Rays.(Console can too)

Only one console can.

The Playstation 4 and Playstation 4 Pro cannot run CD's or 4k Blu-Rays.

The Xbox One cannot run 4k Blu-Rays. The Xbox One S however can, however due to the inadequate hardware, it is not going to be able to handle 4k gaming, heck it struggles with 1080P gaming.

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has free online.(World of Warcraft and most of mmo games say hi)

Console games can also have MMO subscriptions. World of WarCraft being pay-to-play doesn't stop me from playing Halo Wars 2 online for free, so this isn't even an argument I am afraid.

Hapuc12 said:

Glad to be of service.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Hapuc12 said:
* PC has more gamers.( true but they bought a PC out of neccesity most of them only play f2p)

So... Basically you don't have an argument on this specific point? A Game being Free to Play isn't a bad thing either.
League of Legends has
100 million unique gamers playing it's game each month.
That's more people playing that ONE PC game than there is Playstation 4, Xbox One owners.

http://www.riftherald.com/2016/9/13/12865314/monthly-lol-players-2016-active-worldwide

League of Legends rakes in 100's of millions of dollars every year. Even smashed the $1B barrier. - Not bad for a game that is "only free to play" huh?

http://www.pcgamer.com/league-of-legends-has-made-almost-1-billion-in-microtransactions/

As for people buying a PC out of "necessity" - Who cares? And how does that make the PC a worst platform?
If anything it makes it a more economical one, just use what you have already invested in.

(Yup like i said neccesity point still stands and yeah i wouldn't boast a f2p to make bilions kind kills the economic part you said doesn't it to spend money on cosmetics stuff and whatever thar game has for microtransactions)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has more games.(No Not really comparing 30 year old machine to a 3 year old console sounds stupid doesn't it)

Not exactly. The PC has more games. The PC has more games than the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Wii U combined, heck lets throw the 3DS and Vita in there as well shall we?

Not only does the PC have the largest game library... But it can also play the games of other platforms, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Playstation, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, MAME...

The fact that it can play decades worth of games isn't a bad point... Backwards Compatability is obviously a feature people enjoy if the Xbox One is anything to go by.

(Again Comparing 30 year old machine to a 3 year old console come on don't do that and plus if i were to go back and put all PS games it would have over 10k games but i don't do that and yeah emulation is illegal but whatever floats your boat )

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has better performance.(Opinion not a fact,it all depends on your PC Specs)

Whilst you are correct it does depend on your specific rig, the fact remains, the PC has better performance, you aren't bound by the Consoles limits.

Consoles are also derived from low-end/mid-range PC hardware, not High-end or Enthusiast.

(again Opinion high end enthusiasts you don't compare them to A 250$ console or 400$ one don't do that)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has better graphics.(Again opinion not a fact all depends on your specs)

Your use of semantics aside... PC games out of the box tend to have more graphics options and higher settings than their console counterparts, your  hypothetical marginal PC hardware baseline is completely besides the point.

(Again that is an opinion not a fact you are comparing high end machine to mid range one still it's an opinion not a fact)

Hapuc12 said:
*PC has better controls.(Again Opinion all depends on skill of the player)

No. Not opinion. - It has the best controls. The keyboard and mouse is the fastest and most accurate control method, nothing to do with skill.

And if you do not like the Keyboard and mouse, then you can use a console controller.

(Something can't be best when you are not good at it mouse and keyboard are maybe worse controles for someone again opinion)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC games are cheaper.(Digital games,Physical console games are all cheaper so again opinion you are comparing Digital Vs Phyisical)

PC games are cheaper. Digital, Physical. Doesn't matter.
Buying a Physical PC game costs less than the console version.

Buying a Digital PC game can sometimes be more than half the price than the console Digital version.

(HAHAHAH no not really i get physical games day one for 34 euros sometimes even less while digital games go lowest about 40 euros so it's not true and most retailers cut the price on physical games to half after few weeks while on digital it stays for months till it's some kind of sale or something so again dude not true)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC can even be played mobile.(Ps4 can be played too PsNow to and switch ahahahah)

What?
(Yeah i didn't know where you were going with this i thought you said on the go or something i don't know doesn't matter)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC is 100% backwards compatible.(PC never even had a compatability it doesn't apply to anything)

Yes it does.
PC has clear breaks in it's hardware and software, that does actually break compatability. There are a ton of Win9x games that are 16-bit that will not operate on Windows 64-bit, but thanks to the power of say... Virtulisation, Dual-Booting, Emulation... You can circumvent those problems.

(ah so not an official source ok)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC can run all your console games eventually.(using emulators illegal,not something to boast imo)

Emulators and Emulation is actually legal in most nations. You should probably look at the various legal precedents that have been set.

(No not really i'm guessing you don't even know when emulation is allowed do you for hardware and software)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC can actually run CD's and 4K Blu Rays.(Console can too)

Only one console can.

The Playstation 4 and Playstation 4 Pro cannot run CD's or 4k Blu-Rays.

The Xbox One cannot run 4k Blu-Rays. The Xbox One S however can, however due to the inadequate hardware, it is not going to be able to handle 4k gaming, heck it struggles with 1080P gaming.

( we weren't talking about gaming,but it can so the point still stands)

Hapuc12 said:
* PC has free online.(World of Warcraft and most of mmo games say hi)

Console games can also have MMO subscriptions. World of WarCraft being pay-to-play doesn't stop me from playing Halo Wars 2 online for free, so this isn't even an argument I am afraid.

(Sure but pay online it so you have to pay )

Hapuc12 said:

Glad to be of service.

Just poking for fun nothing else.

Again dude you are using opinions not facts.

(EDIT)

But hey dude whatever you think is true is true so cool ;)

zero129 said:
Turkish said:

It all comes down to whether u like to play on the couch or on a desk. (I know some change the roles)

Games are the things that matter the most, and PS4 leaves everything including PC so far behind it's not funny.
Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, KH2.8, Digimon, Nioh in the span of 2 weeks. sweatingguy.jpg

I mainly use my PC for browsing and working, I have a big Steam library thanks to the sales but I don't play them as often as I should, though they are mostly double dips and older games from the previous gens. I never pay more than $15 for a PC game.

Free online on PC isn't really a reason to stop my PS+ sub, the online communities are often not as big(Titanfall), my friends are on PS4 etc. Also I'm a big physical media supporter, still buying movies and music on discs.

One thing that really excites me on PC is having day 1 access to indies, like RedOut and GRIP.

Bold: Thats true and PC has a wealth of games that spans countless gens and even console gens thanks to emulation.

Underlined: Thats a matter of opinion. What if a person doesnt enjoy any of the PS4 exclusives and enjoy the PC exclusives more?.

When it comes to games its no contest as no console has the wealth of games that PC offer and thanks to emulation it also offers even all the old console exclusives remastered and looking better then they ever did without you having to rebuy them..

PC offers you choice when it comes to subscribing to services to get free games (without being forced to do so to play online), what hardware to use, what controlls to use, what settings to use, what mods to use etc.

This is something consoles will never have.

Anyone who thinks a closed platform such as a console can offer the best of both worlds is in denial as no console will ever offer the best of both worlds, PC's will always be able to do much more since its an Open platform and gives you so much choice in how you want to play.

I do my emulation on mobile these days, mobiles also start getting classic PC ports. I also don't care about emulation that much noawadays, I played most of the classics back in the day or through my cfw PSP around 10 years ago. I dunno how old u are but I think u must be young if it's such an excitement to you. Even the Wii U with its small library I already finished when the games came out. The only system I want emulation for is 3DS because its screens are terrible.

PC is like my backup double dip console, I get all games I played previously very cheap for just a few $. Never new games though, like I said, never pay more than $15 on PC games. I also feel like I got all the most important games on Steam sales over the year that previous sales were disappointing lol, I saw the sentiment a lot in the summer/winter sales in 2016. People were complaining about the mediocre sales but reality is, everybody collected all the best ones already.

Considering I have a huge backlog on PS4, it's the system that keeps me busy. And with huge exclusives bombardments and huge online communities the choice is clear for me. I dont even care much about the free games, I just do it for the sales and the online communities, PS4 has the most people playing and my friends are all in the ecosystem.

So:

1. exclusives

2. couch potato (actually the way you wanna play games is just as important as the games themselves)

3. physical media lover

Choice is made obviously.