By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft: For Honor isn't coming to Nintendo Switch

m_csquare said:

Can we just limit it to threads about which third party games are coming to switch? This site would be flooded by these kinds of thread if we make a thread for every game not coming to switch. lel

I for one would love to have an "Official Games not coming to Switch Thread" XD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Nem said:
Well... i guess we'll be having this news everytime a new 3rd party game for the ps4 and x1 comes out.

I don't see how any of it is unexpected.

In all honesty, I think these threads exist today because some nintendo people were screaming off the rooftops before we got offical specs (and when they saw a port of a 5yr old game) on how the hardware would be strong enough to handle third party ports.

Hell, someone was even talking about 1080p ports or ports period of PS4/XB1 games that would be super easy to make and 4k this and that. Oh and VR.

Nintendo certainly put out a lot of great exclusives, but it is irrefutable that when you take third party games that aren't on Nintendo consoles into consideration as well, their consoles have fewer critically acclaimed games. That is why I always have to have Playstation and Nintendo consoles so I can have 95% of the best shit.

ARMS; I think I will cope.

Intrinsic said:
OdinHades said:

Yeah, I kinda counted GTA 5 on PS3, 360, X1 and PS4 as one game, same with GTA 4 and stuff. At least to me, that's one game. But what the hell do I know.

OMG.... you guys stil pushing this nonsense.

Fact.... if you look at the top 10, 20, 30  or even top 100 games on mata..... all games with over a 92 average on Meta covering a span of over 10+ years.

You will not find ONLY nintendo games on that list.

This argument started because someone chose to say if you don't buy nintendo then you will miss out on the BEST games. Suggesting that the only place to play the BEST games is on a nintendo platform. What permalite is saying and has proved time and time again is that that is not an accurate statement.

And this is all just looking at the data, when in truth even getting into an argument about "best" games is folly because game preference is subjective.

Well, from the top ten:

- 7 games are playable on a Nintendo platform

- 1 is playable on the DreamCast

- 4 are playable on a Playstation console

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

I don't understand why people feel the need to defend large corporations so much. It's not even like they have any idea that you exist.

Meh, I do want to play it But it doesn't look groundbreaking or anything, and I'll likely be picking it up eventually on my XB One anyway, once it hits a discounted price.

As I've said, let Sony and MS take the insanely high budget, mostly overhyped western 3rd part blockbusters. Most of those just don't do it for me anyway (particularly the more linear ones). They feel like chores when I play them. I don't get what gets people so excited about them frankly, aside from maybe the asethetics, which will sooner or later be dated anyway..

Switch can be the hub of Nintendo titles, indie games, JRPGs, and some 7-8th gen ports with enhancements/DLC and I'll be more than happy. These major third parties (particularly western) have made it clear for the past 20 years that they will not support Nintendo no matter what they do (as they typically can't compete with them) so no sense in dwelling on them anymore. Time to move on and focus on the wave of the future - Indies. IMO that's where the real spark of future gaming innovations lie. See Minecraft for instance..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

bananaking21 said:
monocle_layton said:

On PC- typically consoles don't receive the same treatment.

Only exception to the rule is Batman, where the PC version was pure hell.

I love Ubisoft's games, but some of their console ports/ games definitely had me feeling a bit concerned about their optimization skills. 

After playing the closed beta for 12~ hours I can say it's very well polished. Even digital foundry say so. So dream on

That's nice to hear. I'll definitely try the game out if that's the case 

Do we really need a thread for every game not coming to the Switch?

RolStoppable said:
Great times ahead. Switch is not going to get AAA third party games, but will sell regardless. That's going to be infuriating to people.

A nintendo portable console selling without AAA console developer support is completely normal.