By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Just Upset More People With Honesty

Props for the statement about the US, should be the most universally acclaimed statement of his.
Towards Russia, maybe he meant awe-inspiring instead of respect, because a big nation as Russia can be dangerous af and you definitely don't want Putin as your enemy.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Puppyroach said:
He is right in this case but calling a compulsive liar "honest" because he's telling the truth once a month is a bit extreme.

I am surprised by the amount of Americans who truly believe their country's morally superior. One thing I love about Trump, he's shedding light on the hypocrisy from the right & the left, and it's hilarious to watch.

That's largely due to fact that the US has been given the responsibility of being the police of the world and the fact that the US government give $40-50 billion away in foreign aid every year and then private citizens give another $25-30 billion. It's easy to sit on a high horse when you're doing things like that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

and how does this translate on policy?

naruball said:
Zkuq said:
Trump? Honest? He's occassionally honest, but he basically won the election by offering suspiciously easy solutions to difficult problems instead of uncomfortable truths. He's a manipulator who's mastered the art of bending the truth to his needs.

He's honest this time for sure (although I think he completely dodges the point), but characterizing him as 'completely honest' just couldn't be much further away from truth.

Gotta disagree with the bolded. He hasn't mastered anything (imho). His lies are beyond obvious. People are so ready to defend him that Hillary could write his next speech and people would eat it up and say they agree with what he said 100%. I've yet to see his supporters (not some people who agree with some of the things he say) criticise him for a single thing so far. 

Other than them, he ain't fooling anyone and he's the furthest thing from a master manipulator.

You know, I really thought whether I should use the word 'master' there. It seems I should've used something else.

LurkerJ said:
snyperdud said:
I don't think he's wrong at all, but is it a good reason to "respect" Putin? Hell no.

But again, he's not wrong. There are a ton of people in power who do some pretty horrific things, including the US. I don't understand why anyone would be upset over what he said.

Why not? Respect Putin the way previous presidents were more than happy to respect Al Saud & Netanyahu. He just wants better relations with Russia, why is that so hard to swallow? The US is an ally to much worse regimes & countries.

You are a wise human being. I would give gladly give you my switch if I got my hands on one. Right now that is seeming unlikely in 2017 and I want it now.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Gourmet said:
The USA doesn't deserve this man.

Want him? Shipping is free.

iron_megalith said:

There we fucking go.

And therefore Obama and all of his circle had no damn right to criticize the Philippines' war on drugs.

Where was the outrage when US bombed a hospital full of civilians?

Fucking hypocrits.

Oh and not to mention all these things going under UN's radar.

Ah, the firebombing of Serbia. I swear, the best thing to come out of that was the fact that an F-114 got shot down by an antique SAM from the 1950s.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Zkuq said:
Trump? Honest? He's occassionally honest, but he basically won the election by offering suspiciously easy solutions to difficult problems instead of uncomfortable truths. He's a manipulator who's mastered the art of bending the truth to his needs.

He's honest this time for sure (although I think he completely dodges the point), but characterizing him as 'completely honest' just couldn't be much further away from truth.

Basically this. o.O To say nothing from the fact that we're mere days past Kellyanne Conway's 'Bowling Green Massacre' lie that, if anything, might have actually been a more blatant 'WTF' moment than 'Obama Is The Founder Is ISIS.' Sure, I'd certainly agree the U.S. is by no means innocent- and doesn't look to start, under Trump's administration- but let's not get ahead of ourselves here by claiming he isn't, at best, driven by the same dishonesty as any other poltician. The only real difference is he's aimed that dishonesty towards his own narrative, not the typical Washington narrative.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

LurkerJ said:
Mr Puggsly said:
The intents of US and Russia are objectively different. But Trump is right when he says US has made mistakes.

The same way Russia makes mistakes as well. The intents are objectively different, equally selfish, and identically evil. 

We don't believe Russia is making mistakes. Not identical.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Is anyone surprised by this statement? That's exactly how he was elected. Not by rectifying your own mistakes but just pointing out that other people make mistakes too.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.