By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Just Upset More People With Honesty

I don't think he's wrong at all, but is it a good reason to "respect" Putin? Hell no.

But again, he's not wrong. There are a ton of people in power who do some pretty horrific things, including the US. I don't understand why anyone would be upset over what he said.

Around the Network
snyperdud said:
I don't think he's wrong at all, but is it a good reason to "respect" Putin? Hell no.

But again, he's not wrong. There are a ton of people in power who do some pretty horrific things, including the US. I don't understand why anyone would be upset over what he said.

Why not? Respect Putin the way previous presidents were more than happy to respect Al Saud & Netanyahu. He just wants better relations with Russia, why is that so hard to swallow? The US is an ally to much worse regimes & countries.

Mr Puggsly said:
The intents of US and Russia are objectively different. But Trump is right when he says US has made mistakes.

The same way Russia makes mistakes as well. The intents are objectively different, equally selfish, and identically evil. 

I named my CEO business in GTA V after him.

"Donald Dump Inc"

I even have this written on the back of my yacht. People seem to love it and I've never got any problems recruiting people to work for me.

I'm not for or against trump. Just did it for the laugh.

Imho, I think his ideas are a monstruosity. But, he's doing what the Trump voters asked for, so no complaints about that. This is left's fault. The fact that Trump is president is a total failure. So some autocritic would be great. But they're just disqualifying him, without any meaningful and valid counterpart.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
snyperdud said:

Why not? Respect Putin the way previous presidents were more than happy to respect Al Saud & Netanyahu. He just wants better relations with Russia, why is that so hard to swallow? The US is an ally to much worse regimes & countries.

I'm all for better US relations with Russia. I just think "Well, we aren't so innocent" isn't particularly good reason to "respect" Putin.

VGPolyglot said:
So, now that he's admitted that the U.S. is an evil power, will he do the right thing and stop bombing people in seven different countries? Of course not. It seems more like he's justifying Russia's violence instead of condemning both Russia and the U.S.

This is exactly how I feel! He's not saying we're at fault. He's just saying that we shouldn't pick on Russia. I was born in Jamaica and everytime I criticize America my wife tells me that I should go back to Jamaica. I always tell her that we're not some worldly "good guy" that does no wrong. That's why I can't understand why people get so upset when calls America out on their bull. But, in the end, It's usually Trump's base that hates to hear the dirty truths about America. Were any leftist liberal to say this the Fox News right would go apesh!t.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

RolStoppable said:
snyperdud said:

I'm all for better US relations with Russia. I just think "Well, we aren't so innocent" isn't particularly good reason to "respect" Putin.

What is a good reason to respect the USA? Keep in mind that they are killers.

Pick one. My point is there are plenty of things you could cherry pick about any country. But in this particular intererview Trump was asked why he respects a killer like Putin, I just don't think Trump's response was a good one. He could've picked a number of general things to say in response to that question. I just don't think what Trump said is worthy of anyone getting upset, but I don't think it was a good answer either.

RolStoppable said:
snyperdud said:

What is a good reason to respect the USA? Keep in mind that they are killers.

Respect the USA what? Who are "they"? It would be nice if you specify a specific group or specific politicians such as the executive branch or certain senators rather than talking about the country collectively.

Harkins1721 said:
America isn't so innocent. Is any leader in all honesty?

No.  Most of the countries that sit back and criticize do so while hiding behind the skirts of one of the more powerful countries or because they feel safe in their own position.  They go along with things until it suits them to take the moral high-ground.  Give them more interests to protect and more power and they'd take similar actions.  Put them in the line of fire and they start praising whomever they have to protect them.

I learned this years ago when some European countries were simultaneously demanding that the US reduce their presence there while "doing more to help".  Everyone says and does whatever is best for their own agenda.