By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Just Upset More People With Honesty

LurkerJ said:
I don't support Trump but I don't understand why his statement upset so many people. It's the truth, and it's fine, the game is dirty, if you are on top, you can claim moral superiority.

This.

For like a year now the left has been screaming how horrible the U.S. is and it has only gotten worse since Trump won. Now trump comes out and says we are not innocent and the Left screams at him for "agreeing with them?"

The news sucks these days. It's 100% bash Trump regardless of what he says or does. Can the left not see that this is not going to make them anymore friends?

Around the Network
irstupid said:

This.

For like a year now the left has been screaming how horrible the U.S. is and it has only gotten worse since Trump won. Now trump comes out and says we are not innocent and the Left screams at him for "agreeing with them?"

The news sucks these days. It's 100% bash Trump regardless of what he says or does. Can the left not see that this is not going to make them anymore friends?

Look on the birght side. They're guarenteeing Trump gets a second term.

The PS5 Exists. 

Trump is a chronic liar.

He is sucking up to Putin because the Russian's have blackmail material on him. Release your tax returns (something you said you would do) if you're not lying, show us where your financial interests are tied to, but he won't ever do that.

If this about "fighting ISIS" then why not also team up with Iran, ISIS is actually really formed because they hate Iran (do some research). 

The "border" ban is bullshit too, why is Saudi Arabia and several other countries exempt (that's where the 9/11 bombers came from) whereas which Syrian or Iranian terrorists have attacked the US mainland ever?

What ever happened to sticking it to Goldman Sachs by the way Mr. Trump? He loaded up his cabinet with Goldman Sachs.

Also if all this is done in the guise of "safety" where's the safety against gun violence? Guns kill 10x more people in the US than some random terrorist does, but we can't have any gun regulation, so don't tell me this about safety. You are more likely in the US to get killed by a random nut with a gun than a terrorist. Where's the "extreme vetting" for people who are able to obtain fire arms? 

He's right, but if a democrat had said that the conservatives would have went ape shit calling him unpatriotic and a traitor.

This is really feels like a Simpsons episode. Homer gives a fair criticism to the country on TV, and suddenly he becomes USA's #1 enemy.

I've never liked Trump, but sometimes he says or does the right thing.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Good on him for admitting that the USA's holier than thou attitude is a farce ...

Trump's foreign policy is a breath of fresh air compared to the Bushes or the Clintons ...

Leave it to Trump to always stick it those on a high horse even though he has a high horse himself LOL ...

Don't stop being the world's greatest troll, Trump ...

Presidents dont need dimplomacy anyway.

Trump? Honest? He's occassionally honest, but he basically won the election by offering suspiciously easy solutions to difficult problems instead of uncomfortable truths. He's a manipulator who's mastered the art of bending the truth to his needs.

He's honest this time for sure (although I think he completely dodges the point), but characterizing him as 'completely honest' just couldn't be much further away from truth.

The USA doesn't deserve this man.

Zkuq said:
Trump? Honest? He's occassionally honest, but he basically won the election by offering suspiciously easy solutions to difficult problems instead of uncomfortable truths. He's a manipulator who's mastered the art of bending the truth to his needs.

He's honest this time for sure (although I think he completely dodges the point), but characterizing him as 'completely honest' just couldn't be much further away from truth.

Gotta disagree with the bolded. He hasn't mastered anything (imho). His lies are beyond obvious. People are so ready to defend him that Hillary could write his next speech and people would eat it up and say they agree with what he said 100%. I've yet to see his supporters (not some people who agree with some of the things he say) criticise him for a single thing so far. 

Other than them, he ain't fooling anyone and he's the furthest thing from a master manipulator.