By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hideo Kojima Shares His Thoughts on Nintendo Switch

Thats what I always wanted. The 3DS is good..... but I want Wii U Graphics. And im Glad its finally happening.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

He's playing imagination gun-fight. It actually looks pretty cool. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Same reason why the Switch appeals to me, I've always preferred handheld gaming, but miss out on console games because they are limited by power. The Switch does start to bridge that gap in my opinion

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

SvennoJ said:
Hmm sure, watching Interstellar on a phone or in 70mm IMAX, same experience.

Well, It's the same pretentious empty mess with beautiful cinematography in both :P 

Kojima makes a good point about cloud gaming / play anywhere games, but I find it a stretch to say the Switch is a precursor of that idea... you know... Nintendo still is trailing compared to existing services that move more in that direction like PS Now and Xbox Play Anywhere.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Other forms of media has evolved way faster than video games and adapted to new devices. It of course depends for the most part on the hardware demands but we still live in a world with a strong emphasis on a physical console and physical games. Nintendo are not actually first with portability idea but it seems to be the best implemented by far.

No mr kojima, i dont want cloud gaming as our future. Why do you think ppl're so against drm?

Now the question is will his company support switch? But we already knw the answer to that right?

I wonder if Kojima plays games on the go?

m_csquare said:
No mr kojima, i dont want cloud gaming as our future. Why do you think ppl're so against drm?

Now the question is will his company support switch? But we already knw the answer to that right?

Probably not. I think Death Stranding will be a success, so I dont see Sony letting him get away. Plus he has a long history with Sony.

Hes right the Switch is taking gaming in a new direction.