By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Rapists can now sue victims seeking abortions

The title seems to be completely false. I had a look at the bill, and I can't find anything in in that indicates that the father of the child can sue the mother. It reads to me that the mother cannot be sued.

"

(c The following individuals are excluded from liability under this1 subchapter:

(1) A woman who receives or attempts to receive a dismemberment abortion; "

I can't actually see any proof that a rapist can press charges either.In the list of people who can press charges, the man has to be married to the pregnant woman, and thus is not a rapist in the traditional sense

"(b)(1) A cause of action for civil damages against a person who has 28 purposely violated this subchapter may be maintained by:

(...)
B) The father of the unborn child, if the father is 32 married to the woman at the time the dismemberment abortion was performed (...)

I might be missing something, but neither part of the title appears to be true.

Here's the bill by the way

https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/755370

Around the Network
Pineapple said:

The title seems to be completely false. I had a look at the bill, and I can't find anything in in that indicates that the father of the child can sue the mother. It reads to me that the mother cannot be sued.

"

(c The following individuals are excluded from liability under this1 subchapter:

(1) A woman who receives or attempts to receive a dismemberment abortion; "

I can't actually see any proof that a rapist can press charges either.In the list of people who can press charges, the man has to be married to the pregnant woman, and thus is not a rapist in the traditional sense

"(b)(1) A cause of action for civil damages against a person who has 28 purposely violated this subchapter may be maintained by:

(...)
B) The father of the unborn child, if the father is 32 married to the woman at the time the dismemberment abortion was performed (...)

I might be missing something, but neither part of the title appears to be true.

Here's the bill by the way

https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/755370

It is poorly worded, A husband who can rape his wife can sue. (Which is still bad, but yes, the above is worse)

Soon rapist will have to marry their victim and give a couple hundred dollars to the father

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Might be hard but just move out of the state and go to a place where this type of shit is not allowed.

Well I knew you could forward something like this in Saudi Arabia or other nations without any form of civil rights. Guess the US desperately wants to join that list.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
loy310 said:
Might be hard but just move out of the state and go to a place where this type of shit is not allowed.

That would lead to a religious civil war. One side the pro life, who tend to be religious and the non. I would love to live in a state free of religious idiots imposing laws on me, but I know that the dive will eventually come at a price of maybe war.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Qwark said:
Well I knew you could forward something like this in Saudi Arabia or other nations without any form of civil rights. Guess the US desperately wants to join that list.

That was what I thought, too. This is why I dislike left and right-wing authoritarianism. So many politicians think they a monopoly on righteousness and know what's best for you.

Welp, this is what America voted for so...

Aura7541 said:
Qwark said:

That was what I thought, too. This is why I dislike left and right-wing authoritarianism. So many politicians think they a monopoly on righteousness and know what's best for you.

Yep it's almost like they are trying to force their (usually regeliously) motivated if motivated at all righteousness upon you. Leave people be and let them live their lives as they see fit. Wasn't that the whole freaking point of a free nation and free people. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It's horrendous. But isn't it possible int he middle east for women that got rapped to be stoned to death if she doesn't have at least 3 male witnesses. Sjw's must be applauding this since they love islam so much.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...