By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I predict switch will sell worse than wii u!

mZuzek said:
MDMAlliance said:

Maybe he means a spinoff ;) 

No, I meant mainline. If it was only spin-offs, then it wouldn't do much for Switch sales as a whole.

It's almost guaranteed at this point, though. There's even an interview from the NX era when someone from Game Freak said in an interview that they were working on stuff for Nintendo's "new console".

Of course, we can never be sure, especially when it comes to Nintendo - but at this point in time, it's far more reasonable to expect mainline Pokémon on the Switch, than to expect the contrary.

Source?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Pokemon 2017 and 2018 will be on 3DS, but by the time the 2019 version rolls around 3DS will be dead. At that point, I can see them going mobile.

Is that what you want to happen or are you merely pushing forward with your wrong sense of pride?

Of course I don't want it to happen. Exclusive mainline Pokemon would single handedly make Switch a success, and Switch is all that stands in the way of an industry controlled entirely by Sony and Microsoft, which in my view would be an extremely dreary state of affairs.

I think it will be a dizaster

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Lol people seem to keep forgetting that this will also replace their handheld, at least for a couple of years if Nintendo is to be believed in which they say that there will be a 3DS successor.
The Switch will have Pokemon, of course it'll sell more than Wii U, it's not even debatable. It'll be between the Wii U and 3DS, I don't think it'll outsell the 3DS, if it does it'll probably be by a few million.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Nah, it'll easily beat WiiU just because of Japan alone doing tons better than WiiU ever did. I can see it selling almost as a full Nintendo handheld there.

Around the Network

If that happened Nintendo would be out of the Hardware Business....

But that won't happen in a million years, they could sell the Nintendo Ouya and still beat the WiiU.

The Switch won't be no PlayStation 4 or anything, but I imagine it'll achieve 40-60 million.

How many nostradamus there are here!

Geralt said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
You won't make the gaming industry great again. Trump.

We are gonna make dlc free and nintendos gonna pay for it!

I predict Nintendo will build a wall. However, I predict that Sony and Microsoft will team up and destroy it!

Different markets seem to have different responses to Switch but even in the more positive markets its hard to know the number of people who want a Switch. It may be like wii u with a good launch and then the sales figures drop to a very low level but does look like for the US and Japan the Switch will do well and I think long term the Switch will do good numbers in Japan.

It is a very high risk product and I certainly don't see it as having guaranteed success at this point. I'm expecting it to struggle to find a wider audience simply because of pricing and lack of content at least for the first year. Of course prices can change though but solving the lack of compelling content is much more difficult and no backwards compatibility either to help. It's' going to be interesting to watch if nothing else. I'm in the strange position of wanting others to buy it but don't want it myself so the format keeps going and a better product comes along later.

mZuzek said:
MDMAlliance said:

Source?

Source.

Not from Game Freak though, just Pokémon Company. So yeah, it basically confirms Pokémon games, which could be just spin-offs, but I doubt it will be just that.

Why do you doubt it will be just that?  If this really is a home console first, wouldn't it make it less likely that a mainline Pokemon game will release on it?  Especially given that the philosophy is to keep the games on handheld systems, and you know how stubborn Nintendo can be.