By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I change my mind... I am getting the Switch no matter what!

Sooo in one of my previous threads I said I wasn't going to buy the Switch unless it was powerful as Current Gen consoles. Since then I've always looked at Nintendo's latest console more differently every day. I came to a conclusion that I CHANGED my mind and I've been looking at the Switch the wrong way....  

I've always looked at the Switch as a console that can be taken around wherever you go... ITS NOT. I've sometimes looked at it as a very powerful handheld that can be displayed on your TV.. IT'S NOT. It's simply a Hybrid! This is what I highly reccomend to people. To Please understand (Iwata pun not intended, just noticed when I was looking over this Thread) that this is the very first Hybrid that existed by one of the Big 3 (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft)... So its not a handeld, its not a home console. It can be both if you wanted. But what if I told you, this is NOT the reason I changed my mind?    

Because just realizing its a hybrid did NOT change my mind. It was the games.... I don't care about 3rd party games, I just know Nintendo will spoil me with their beautiful IP's anyways! I LOVE Splatoon and I believe I'm one of the first die hard Splatoon fans ever. I'm not kidding. I got hooked on it when I bought it day 1. And I'm really looking forward to Splatoon 2. Mario, Breath of the Wild are also reasons I've been wanting the Switch but its mainly Splatoon 2....  Also several other games. 

How I'll use the Nintendo Switch Hybrid:  I can imagine myself using Handheld mode ALOT. Use it when I'm playing PS4 (loading screen, match making ect) or when my cousins are playing PS4. When I'm in bed, downstairs, coffee shop, road trips and that's about it.  Oh yeah, also play on TV.

I really hope we can get a proper HD traditional Kirby game! I love Kirby!      

Around the Network

You really should work for a tabloid, your writing is almost exactly like one. Anyways, personally I'll almost certainly get one too, but the question is much more when. I'm definitely not getting it at launch, so I'll just wait and see which games it gets and if its price will drop.

I´m sure you will have lots of fun with it.

The first Splatoon is one of my favorite WiiU games and its second installment seems even better with all the new special weapons. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe , Zelda BoTW , Bomberman R, Fast RMX and Yokaa-Laylee are very very promising.

You're going to play Switch during the loading screens of PS4 games?

that seems pointless

I have a feeling you were planning to buy one since it was announced but you came up with the idea of creating 2 threads on one topic.

Around the Network

Its a tablet with a TV out. That's all it is. A Nintendo branded tablet with a TV out.

Your writing is always so sensationalist. You can go from cheerful (and borderline meek) to very depressing while talking about your ''Playstation friend''. Very entertaining to watch you see the light about NS.

Haha you was buying it day one since forever, you just enjoyed the drama. But seriously the more trailers I see like the superbowl one the more hyped I get. I actually think me and the wife will have some good night's after a few alcoholic beverages on things like 1 2 switch

Woooow!!! I never saw this coming!!! My Neo Geo friend will be so stoked to hear about this (I will tell her after we make up, we're fighting right now >:(((((()!!!

Anyway, best of luck to you and your new console unless you change your mind again before then!!! LOL!!!

Nintation360 said:

I've always looked at the Switch as a console that can be taken around wherever you go... ITS NOT. I've sometimes looked at it as a very powerful handheld that can be displayed on your TV.. IT'S NOT. It's simply a Hybrid! This is what I highly reccomend to people. To Please understand (Iwata pun not intended, just noticed when I was looking over this Thread) that this is the very first Hybrid that existed by one of the Big 3 (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft)... So its not a handeld, its not a home console. It can be both if you wanted. 

I'm glad you now understand that the Switch is a hybrid. Hopefully other people will too.