By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nioh Review Thread - MC: 88 / GR: 88.87%

The issue is the game is rarely (certain traps...) unfairly hard. You figure out your build (strength/stamina for me) and learn enemy patterns and focus on health and ki. It even allows for grinding and two player mode if it is too hard for some.

Love Nioh and seriously think this could unseat Bloodborne (which I freaking love) as my game of this console generation. If you have any interest I strongly suggest buying Nioh.

Around the Network

Lol Washington Post really hates PS4 exclusives.

Polygon gave it a 80, they probably took 10 or 15 points from the game for not featuring any genderfluid pansexual multicolor disabled characters on the game.

I will never forgive their Bayonetta 2 review, shameful.

John2290 said:
BraLoD said:

I bought it too, loved the demo, one boss was insanely difficulty but the overall game was pretty good.

It's not as deep as Soulsborne, but it's even better to play, you should be liking it.

I just spent the last 4 hours trying to get past one monster closet at the end of the labyrinth on Titan difficulty on God of war 3 remastered. I very much doubt anything in Nioh will come close to how difficult that was so I'm sure I'll like playing it because even though if anythingy in nioh does and I think I just physically injured myself, I feel acomplished, lol. Nioh couldn't come at a better time, I'm really in the mood for it now. Peace.

Nioh is more difficult at times than that but usually its not as difficult. Its nowhere close to as difficult as God of War 3 on Chaos mode, that is more diffculot than any Souls games as well.

John2290 said:
That fucking witch. Okay, game is getting pretty difficult now.

Paralysis resistant gear is key and some of those anti-paralysis needles you put in your quick select items would help as well.

I got to her last night. Tried on mid stance with sword but then switched to low stance sword. She went down pretty quick after that.

I hate to be that guy is there a reason why the main character is a blonde hair, blue eyed dude. It just seems kinda odd.

Around the Network

Washington post lol.

Mystro-Sama said:
I hate to be that guy is there a reason why the main character is a blonde hair, blue eyed dude. It just seems kinda odd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

A real samurai, although the guy probably didn't fight at all.

2 hours in. I wasn't a fan of the demos, but the game is pretty brilliant. Despite of the DS comparisons, Ni-oh has personality. I don't think it has nothing to envy about DS games. I've found the difficulty fair atm, and the combat is really satisfying.

BraLoD said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Because it's based on the first ocidental samurai.
Doesn't the game tell he is a foreign?

It is? I haven't played it yet thats why i'm asking. If it is though then I guess it makes sense.

Metacritic: 87.. wow, a score of 87 from 60 critics. that's fantastic

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5