By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nioh Review Thread - MC: 88 / GR: 88.87%

awesome game. Sleeper hit of the year

Around the Network

I´m really enjoying this game, like much more than I thought I would.I´m a big Dark Souls fan but I´m actually enjoying Nioh more than I did Dark Souls 3.

JGarret said:
I´m really enjoying this game, like much more than I thought I would.I´m a big Dark Souls fan but I´m actually enjoying Nioh more than I did Dark Souls 3.

Same. Ds3 was disapointing for me, especially after bloodborne.

Nioh is really great, a mix of Onimusha/Ninja gaiden/Souls.

Now i want a new Onimusha.

Im so annoyed my copy hasn't arrived yet :(

7/10 for me..
It's just a bit generic feeling in the physics which is fine to a degree but it doesn't get over the hump to make you feel the click.

Around the Network

The combat and controls in this game are a+ for sure. Very fun combat system

An 89% on GR is fantastic. Another must have exclusive for souls fans. Ps4 must be becoming irresistible for those yet to jump in.

BraLoD said:
The quote from LevelUp sums up exactly what I felt in the demo, this might be this gen Demon's Souls, yes, Bloodborne was amazing, but Nioh mix of new mechanics and amazing skill based combat to Demon's Souls formula might be what inspire the new batch of games.

I'm also excited for the loot/crafting system comments, as I didn't really try it on the demo, they are making it sound great, let's see how it rolls.

Just make your way to me already, dammit, Nioh!

You still haven't got it? Just how bad is your postal service?

I wonder how much more 90s and 100s for it to turn 88 on MT?

BraLoD said:

86 from ImpulseGamer

The score remains the same

But why the actual fuck Metacritic didn't fix their double count of New Game Network review yet?

And why no scored review from "God is a geek", when they already have a score out for Horizon.