By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Windows Central didn't put up the December NPD numbers until Jan 18. Give it until the coming Wednesday.

Around the Network

we know it will be a tiny win for PS4, and the first time Xbox One wins a month the gap will be large

i also bet we hear from them that Xbox One came second in March, as neither Sony nor Microsoft will mention placements unless they come first

Playstation_awaiter said:

Anyone find it peculiar the Windows Central didn't leak NPD numbers this month? Makes it pretty clear they were trying to push a narrative. Gap is probably too big for them lmao.

They gave numbers when we got software ranking/numbers(a week after NPD) im December and i thin November so they might do it for January.

celador said:
we know it will be a tiny win for PS4, and the first time Xbox One wins a month the gap will be large

i also bet we hear from them that Xbox One came second in March, as neither Sony nor Microsoft will mention placements unless they come first

Why would Xbox come in 2nd in March? I think PS4 will.

jason1637 said:
celador said:

Why would Xbox come in 2nd in March? I think PS4 will.

Is something major being released for XB1 in March?

If not, I don't think that xb1 can outsell ps4, till it get its own powerful revision... ( Ps4 pro  secures ps4 lead ) If of course, scorpio is truly a revision and not a an xbox one new gen successor.

Although, MS could still combine the sales of scorpio and xb1, like Nintendo did with game boy and game boy color, albeit gbc wasn't a massive technological leap and the price wasn't much higher over the cheap gb, but it had its own brand new huge game library and came nine years after gb.

However, in that case market scorpio as revision with games incompatible with xb1, could be detrimental...

It's like saying to xb1 owners: Did you spend 300$ for xb1, pay now 400$ for its revision which will have games that xb1 won't.

Around the Network

March? XB1 will come third, because of Switch.

Jaxyfoo said:
March? XB1 will come third, because of Switch.

Yeah...

However, you know, sony fans and xbox fans won't care if xb1 or ps4 lose from switch but if ps4 lose the 2nd from xb1 and vice versa!

Heheh!

Also, some people when switch will be winning will be telling that it's a handheld console...  hah

Lmao that kid saying XB1 is coming 2nd in March HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ps4 with Horizon, NieR and Mass Effect marketing lmao HAHAHAHAH

iNathan said:

Lmao that kid saying XB1 is coming 2nd in March HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ps4 with Horizon, NieR and Mass Effect marketing lmao HAHAHAHAH

To be fair I don't think anyone said that. I think the original post talking about it was misinterpreted. What that post said is that both fanbases will try and claim second because neither company will release pr claiming second spot. Leaving it down to the fanbases to squabble who took second.

yeah, people misunderstood what i was saying

Switch is number 1 in March. Sony or MS aren't going to mention positioning when they don't come first. This will let WC say that Xbox came second, and nothing we get officially from either Sony or MS will be able to say differently, because again, when they don't come first, they don't mention positioning.

Not saying Xbox One will actually come second