By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jason1637 said:
Kerotan said:
Yeah ps4 will likely beat xb1 in March to become the #2selling home console.

Fixed that for you.

The Switch is a portable with the ability to connect to a TV.  It's not going to get the vast majority of titles the ps4 gets and it ain't competing with it either. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
jason1637 said:

Fixed that for you.

The Switch is a portable with the ability to connect to a TV.  It's not going to get the vast majority of titles the ps4 gets and it ain't competing with it either. 

Its funny as its the complete opposite. Can you stop trolling now?

Moderated - Miguel

Kerotan said:
jason1637 said:

Fixed that for you.

Thw Switch is a Console that has the ability to be taken on the go. Because it doesnt get all PS4 games doesnt mean its not a console. The Wii U missed out on many games the PS4 got so does that make it a handheld? It competing with the PS4 and XB1 because its in the console market.

jason1637 said:
Kerotan said:

Thw Switch is a Console that has the ability to be taken on the go. Because it doesnt get all PS4 games doesnt mean its not a console. The Wii U missed out on many games the PS4 got so does that make it a handheld? It competing with the PS4 and XB1 because its in the console market.

You misunderstood my point.  

It won't be competing with the ps4 in terms of sales and it won't be taking the ps4 target audience from it.  And the reason as I said is because it won't get most of the ps4 games.  And games are key.  Switch will get the Nintendo audience.  Mainly the 3DS fanbase.  

The thing is basically a succesor to the Vita in terms of hardware (with a connection to the TV).  It's in no way a traditional home console just like the 3DS wouldn't be a home comsole if it had an hdmi port. 

Kerotan said:
jason1637 said:

It won't be competing with the ps4 in terms of sales and it won't be taking the ps4 target audience from it.  And the reason as I said is because it won't get most of the ps4 games.  And games are key.  Switch will get the Nintendo audience.  Mainly the 3DS fanbase.  

The thing is basically a succesor to the Vita in terms of hardware (with a connection to the TV).  It's in no way a traditional home console just like the 3DS wouldn't be a home comsole if it had an hdmi port. 

Everything weve seen about Switch games seem to be more attractive to Wii U gamers. Mario Kart 8, splatoon, open world Zelda are games mostly seen on consoles.

Its not a traditional console as in you are only limited to play at home. It's Nintendo innovating in the home console industry because Switch is a home console first and its innovative because its the first home console that can be played anywhere so in that sense its not traditional but an evolution of home consoles. Also the Switch is more powerful docked and wya more powerful than a VITA. Its more of a what the Wii U should have been than a Vita succesor. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

@ Bold - The Wii U had portable mode just like the Switch. The Switch more closely resembles the Wii U with a new design for its tablet controller. The reason I point this out is because the Wii U didn't attract the 3DS audience. Price of hardware as well as price of games are key here. Developing on the Switch is going to drive up costs as opposed to developing on the 3DS or its successor. Everything beyond these facts are nothing but guess work, which is fun as I've made some predictions myself, but I don't see the Switch attracting mainly the 3DS audience when that audience pays $169 for hardware and $40 for a game.

A_C_E said:
Kerotan said:

@ Bold - The Wii U had portable mode just like the Switch. The Switch more closely resembles the Wii U with a new design for its tablet controller. The reason I point this out is because the Wii U didn't attract the 3DS audience. Price of hardware as well as price of games are key here. Developing on the Switch is going to drive up costs as opposed to developing on the 3DS or its successor. Everything beyond these facts are nothing but guess work, which is fun as I've made some predictions myself, but I don't see the Switch attracting mainly the 3DS audience when that audience pays $169 for hardware and $40 for a game.

The fact the Wii U had a portable mode but was still considered a home consoles vindicates my points. The Switch has a TV mode but likewise should still be considered a portable.  

The ps4 can be played remotely on a phone or vita.  Doesn't make it a portable.  And I don't agree the Switch is the home console evolution.  Do you think the ps5 won't be a 4k power house beast?  Instead do you think they'll go with weaker hardware and make it portable? I doubt it. 

Kerotan said:
A_C_E said:

The fact the Wii U had a portable mode but was still considered a home consoles vindicates my points. The Switch has a TV mode but likewise should still be considered a portable.  

The ps4 can be played remotely on a phone or vita.  Doesn't make it a portable.  And I don't agree the Switch is the home console evolution.  Do you think the ps5 won't be a 4k power house beast?  Instead do you think they'll go with weaker hardware and make it portable? I doubt it. 

You're the only one that considers the Switch a portable. Most people consider it a console.

Power is nice and all but you people play games not power. The Switch is changing how we play games. Home consoles have always been you come home and play but the Switch you can play anywhere. Also 4K on the PS5 wont be a huge deal because its already happening with some Pro games and later the Scorpio. Theres no point in argueing any further because it seems that you will still think the Switch is a handled regardless. 

tbone51 said:
Bandorr said:
I am curious to see what Sony and Microsoft consider the switch is.

I wonder if either will try to "claim" #1 by classifying the switch as something else.
Handheld, hybrid, or "anywhere console" (as opposed to home console).

Lol true. Sony wont spin it but i think ms pr will xD

Its a home console that has a portable mode. I mean its obvious but people will be people

honestly its not that obvious.

Anyone could legitemately just as easily say its a portable console with a home mode.

When you rally think of it, as a console it has way more things that makes it a portable console than it does that makes it a home console. Its got a screen, battery and the same unit you see the screen on is the same place you insert the games. Doesn't get any more portable than that.

I think what is obvious is that people are moving the posts. A "home" console is a console that cannot function without being connected to a display. A portable console has its own display. The Switch is a portable console that can also be plugged into a TV via the dock. 

jason1637 said:

You're the only one that considers the Switch a portable. Most people consider it a console.

Power is nice and all but you people play games not power. The Switch is changing how we play games. Home consoles have always been you come home and play but the Switch you can play anywhere. Also 4K on the PS5 wont be a huge deal because its already happening with some Pro games and later the Scorpio. Theres no point in argueing any further because it seems that you will still think the Switch is a handled regardless. 

I consider it to be a portable. 

But indulge me, tell me why you think its a home console and I will tell you why I think its a portable. 

And the power argumnet is irrelevant.... if a PSvita was made in 2017, it would probably be as powerful as the switch. Thats just technology for you.  And power isn't only about resolution. Just look at horizon running on the base PS4 at 1080p and BoTW running on the NS at 900p/720p. Its like comparing games two generations apart. So lets just leave the power argumnet out of this.

So go on, tell me what makes the NS a home console.