By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 has voice chat... "using smart devices"

SegataSanshiro said:
Don't own a smartphone or tablet. Guess I will never use voice chat.

hmm. With you here. I leave my smartphone at home almost every time I leave. I can't fucking stand it. I walk everywhere in the spring/summer, and i don't want my balls to be slapping against my phone on every revolution. amirite? As for the whole Switch online idea? I'd rather slap my balls against my smartphone.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
spemanig said:

I feel like if you're fine with not owning a smartphone, you're probably not someone who care's about something like voice chat, anyway.

I like having the option and not force dinto owning something else for a feature that should be built in. My Dreamcast has better voicechat than a 2017 console. Yes you can still hook the DC online.

I feel like smartphones are so ubiquitous that it's not really an issue. Most people who own consumer electronic devices like consoles and care about something as social as voice chat for an online multiplayer game will be part of the demographic who would be attracted to smartphones in the first place, so I don't see issue in making a move like this under that assumption. As long as there's some way to transfer game audio, there's no big downgrade in using a smartphones instead of the base console.

COKTOE said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Don't own a smartphone or tablet. Guess I will never use voice chat.

hmm. With you here. I leave my smartphone at home almost every time I leave. I can't fucking stand it. I walk everywhere in the spring/summer, and i don't want my balls to be slapping against my phone on every revolution. amirite? As for the whole Switch online idea? I'd rather slap my balls against my smartphone.

maybe the HD rumble will change your mind.  *wink*

spemanig said:
SegataSanshiro said:

I like having the option and not force dinto owning something else for a feature that should be built in. My Dreamcast has better voicechat than a 2017 console. Yes you can still hook the DC online.

I feel like smartphones are so ubiquitous that it's not really an issue. Most people who own consumer electronic devices like consoles and care about something as social as voice chat for an online multiplayer game will be part of the demographic who would be attracted to smartphones in the first place, so I don't see issue in making a move like this under that assumption. As long as there's some way to transfer game audio, there's no big downgrade in using a smartphones instead of the base console.

The whole shebang should be a part of the system. It's a well established industry standard. Nintendo's trying to kick water uphill when we already have aquaducts.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

A really odd decision, but I never used voice chat anyways nor do I really plan to even if there is the option

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
COKTOE said:

maybe the HD rumble will change your mind.  *wink*

That's actually possible. I get horny watching Friends.

So if you don't use your smartphone, you pretty much have to pay for an online worse than on the WiiU...

Switch really have thé worst online décisions ever, that will probably Kill some sales on online games like Splatoon

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

about the only way i can explain to myself the stupid choices nintendo have been making with switch, is to assume that at some point Nintendo plan on releasing their own smartphone.

This text snippet is too vague. There is a comma, so it might as well just mean "Switch offers voice chat and using smart devices and the ability to bring 8 devices together".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.