By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 has voice chat... "using smart devices"

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/273077-splatoon-2-to-feature-voice-chat

I just don't understand why Nintendo seem to find it so hard to implement things their competitors have had down pat for so long. Xbox Live has had chat through the system itself since the original Xbox, but Nintendo can't do it on a system launching in 2017? It's like they go out of their way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Around the Network

Seems like such a complicated way to do it. Why couldn't they just have it in game, with a headset plug on the controller? I guess skype or discord is a fine alternative.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Meh, Nintendo, why must you make simple things hard?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Smh, nintendo thinks they're Apple now

This app thing is so unnecessary when there are easier ways to implement voice chat, plus there's so many other voice chat apps and I doubt the nintendo one will be better.

Around the Network

On the bright side, less annoying and immature people (hopefully)?

Don't own a smartphone or tablet. Guess I will never use voice chat.

Still not sure what they mean by using smart devices. Is it the actual vehicle for chats? Is it how you set up parties? Like, what is it.

In the interest of pointing out some irony, I will say the integrated general chat on my PS4 is a ghost town in games like Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, etc etc. And very few people I know use it, most opting for Skype. Kinda funny that while people are desperate for integrated voice chat on Switch, integrated voice chat at least on PS4 is pretty under utilized from what I have seen (probably due to how obnoxious it can be).

I'm guessing this was the best choice for those who want to voice chat on the go. But it's a terrible solution overall. Is it going to use my wifi? My data? Nintendo...plz.

Yeah. I know how to avoid getting shit under my fingernails. Everybody's doing it. It's the latest craze.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."