By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Insomniac Games Studio Reaction to Current US Immigration Policy

Tagged games:

Pemalite said:
HollyGamer said:
I never knew that this Immigration thing are affecting our gaming life , probably when Trump decide to stop US company producing their product on China , It will be affecting every entertainment and electronic business as whole.

The Tariffs should increase console prices at the very least as they are manufactured in China.

Things like game development shouldn't change.

Yeah, but development tools , and hardware , Developer need PC for their production. Maybe not development solely but gaming aspect as whole. 

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

I just love how you can’t comment or thumb up/down the video posted by Imsoniac. It’s like they are telling you “we have the moral high ground on this matter, your opinion doesn’t matter”. Once again, it just shows the hypocrisy of the liberal minded.

BTW, from now on, I will buy my Insomniac games, used.

https://grupotamboril.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/johnny-cash_702x330.jpg

ratuscafoarterea said:
Normchacho said:

It's not nonsense. Had they left the comments section open it would have been a mess of arguments and name calling and that wouldn't have done anyone any good and I'm sure that's not the type of conversation Insomniac wants to facilitate. As I said, there are certainly ways to get in touch with them that are not only still open, but are probably more likely to get them to actually read your opinion. If it matters to you, email them. It's certainly better than getting lost with 20,000 other Youtube comments. If you want something more convienent, contact them on Twitter.

You specifically said it was censorship and it's not. Also, I'm not trying to demonize you. I'm mearly pointing out that there are still ways for you to express your opinion, both to Insomniac, and to others on the internet, without Youtube.

You said "If you just want to vent some frustration" that right there, you're trying to demonize me, as in "look at this guy, he has issues that need venting".

And no, comments on YT can stay civilized and constructive, and they actually give you a better idea on how other people see the issue. Not letting your potential customer base express their opinion, it’s like doing the head in the sand thing.  

Oh, I didn't even realize that was the part of my post you were talking about. I certainly don't mean that as any sort of negative. Sometimes we just need to vent about something that's bothering us, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It is very rare for any more than a small percentage of YT comments to be anything constructive. As I said before, there are still plenty of avenues for expressing your opinion on the subject, and there are plenty of places to get a read on how others feel about it. leaving the YT comments open on the video would have been inviting toxic arguments and that isn't helpful to anyone.

Edellus said:
Normchacho said:

Well, even if it is considered the "right" opinion, there are still going to be people who are going to be upset by this (as has been shown in this very thread) so it likely will still cost them some small amount of business.

This was much more likely an action driven by conscience than one driven by business.

Yes, if you engage in politics, you will never make everyone happy, w/e statement you make, but the loud majority is of their same opinion, and more importantly to them; the media is. From a PR point of view, I think it makes sense to give that statement if they plan on giving a statement at all, as it puts them on the good side of the media by default.

I'm not sure what to think of which one is more likely, to be honest. If I were on their position (as in each individual of potentially dissenting opinion), I'd agree too and excitedly so, to avoid any confrontation that might do perjudice in me staying in that company. It's instict to adapt to the environment.

It can even be for both reasons.

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm sure that if they were on the other side of this issue, they would have been way more likely to just stay quiet. So I think there is a good chance that this statement was one they felt they needed to say, but decided that could say because of it's standing with public opinion.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

ratuscafoarterea said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Do you think this makes your case any better? You claim YT comments can remain civil yet cannot even remain composed here.

Normchacho said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

You said "If you just want to vent some frustration" that right there, you're trying to demonize me, as in "look at this guy, he has issues that need venting".

And no, comments on YT can stay civilized and constructive, and they actually give you a better idea on how other people see the issue. Not letting your potential customer base express their opinion, it’s like doing the head in the sand thing.  

Oh, I didn't even realize that was the part of my post you were talking about. I certainly don't mean that as any sort of negative. Sometimes we just need to vent about something that's bothering us, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It is very rare for any more than a small percentage of YT comments to be anything constructive. As I said before, there are still plenty of avenues for expressing your opinion on the subject, and there are plenty of places to get a read on how others feel about it. leaving the YT comments open on the video would have been inviting toxic arguments and that isn't helpful to anyone.

Edellus said:

Yes, if you engage in politics, you will never make everyone happy, w/e statement you make, but the loud majority is of their same opinion, and more importantly to them; the media is. From a PR point of view, I think it makes sense to give that statement if they plan on giving a statement at all, as it puts them on the good side of the media by default.

I'm not sure what to think of which one is more likely, to be honest. If I were on their position (as in each individual of potentially dissenting opinion), I'd agree too and excitedly so, to avoid any confrontation that might do perjudice in me staying in that company. It's instict to adapt to the environment.

It can even be for both reasons.

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm sure that if they were on the other side of this issue, they would have been way more likely to just stay quiet. So I think there is a good chance that this statement was one they felt they needed to say, but decided that could say because of it's standing with public opinion.

MetalJesusRocks, Lord Karnage, HyperBitHero, Cinemassacre, PythonSelkan, just a few YT videogames related channels that I regularly visit and they always stay clean in the comments section. Not giving the option to comment or rate is censorship.

Around the Network

I think it's off-topic to discuss the intelectual honesty of disallowing comments on YT (or anywhere), as this topic is about Insomniac Games' statement on Trump's recent policy.

Hynad said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Do you think this makes your case any better? You claim YT comments can remain civil yet cannot even remain composed here.

I just love how you ignore the fact that user is telling me to die, but you complain about my post/reply.

Indeed, flipping someone is worse than telling them that they should die, I don't know, maybe if you live on Jupiter. 

ratuscafoarterea said:
Hynad said:

I just love how you ignore the fact that user is telling me to die, but you complain about my post/reply.

Indeed, flipping someone is worse than telling them that they should die, I don't know, maybe if you live on Jupiter. 

Where did I say die? What kind of alternative fact is this? lmao

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Your gif on your first reply to me. Did you already forgot what you've just posted?

ratuscafoarterea said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Your gif on your first reply to me. Did you already forgot what you've just posted?

I posted a thumbs down gif.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5