By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Insomniac Games Studio Reaction to Current US Immigration Policy

Tagged games:

Edellus said:

=/ Spyro was the very first game I played on my PS1.

Now I'm not saying that it's not ok to have these opinions (or any opinion, for that matter), but at this point it seems to me like they are in the virtue signaling bandwagon. I'm probably nitpicking, but it looks like that to me because of how the video and the speech was made; token people at the front, the crossed arms and the self-pointed righteousness ("our anti-discrimination policies").

That said, it's not a shock either. Liberal dominated places (like videogame companies) might be on pressure to make a stand, and it better be the "correct" stand or they risk shame and business contacts in the industry, so it ends up being smart not sharing dissenting opinion (although I find it sad and a free speech impediment).

Well, even if it is considered the "right" opinion, there are still going to be people who are going to be upset by this (as has been shown in this very thread) so it likely will still cost them some small amount of business.

This was much more likely an action driven by conscience than one driven by business.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Really? So tell me, what did I said to offend so much, that you came to the conclusion that is better to censor people’s opinions?  

The comments section of that video just isn't the right place to make your opinion heard.

If you do really want to reach out to Insomniac games, I'm sure there are avenues that would allow you to do so.

If you just want to vent some frustration, you have the rest of the internet for that, including this thread.

It's not a matter of censorship. They aren't trying to keep you from voicing your opinion, it's just that I'm sure they'd rather it be done in a more constructive forum. 

1.       Actually, that is nonsense. The YT comment section is put in place, for people to express their opinion.  

2.       No, giving the option to express  opinions on the comment section would have been better/faster/convenient, and also give me (and Insomniac) a real idea of how other people feel about the issue.

3.       That has nothing to do with my post, please keep it polite and stop trying to demonize me.

ratuscafoarterea said:
Normchacho said:

The comments section of that video just isn't the right place to make your opinion heard.

If you do really want to reach out to Insomniac games, I'm sure there are avenues that would allow you to do so.

If you just want to vent some frustration, you have the rest of the internet for that, including this thread.

It's not a matter of censorship. They aren't trying to keep you from voicing your opinion, it's just that I'm sure they'd rather it be done in a more constructive forum. 

1.       Actually, that is nonsense. The YT comment section is put in place, for people to express their opinion.  

2.       No, giving the option to express  opinions on the comment section would have been better/faster/convenient, and also give me (and Insomniac) a real idea of how other people feel about the issue.

3.       That has nothing to do with my post, please keep it polite and stop trying to demonize me.

What you think about the issue isn't important for such a video. The video is about how THEY feel about the issue. Allowing people to debate in the comment section would only devolve into a hate war as is always the case with political [in fact most] topics on Youtube and it goes against what the video stands for. That you can't see and understand that is rather telling.

And if you want people to keep it polite, you should have thought about it before you labeled all liberals as hypocrites. 

ratuscafoarterea said:
Normchacho said:

It's not nonsense. Had they left the comments section open it would have been a mess of arguments and name calling and that wouldn't have done anyone any good and I'm sure that's not the type of conversation Insomniac wants to facilitate. As I said, there are certainly ways to get in touch with them that are not only still open, but are probably more likely to get them to actually read your opinion. If it matters to you, email them. It's certainly better than getting lost with 20,000 other Youtube comments. If you want something more convienent, contact them on Twitter.

You specifically said it was censorship and it's not. Also, I'm not trying to demonize you. I'm mearly pointing out that there are still ways for you to express your opinion, both to Insomniac, and to others on the internet, without Youtube.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Hynad said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

What you think about the issue isn't important for such a video. The video is about how THEY feel about the issue. Allowing people to debate in the comment section would only devolve into an hate war (this much you made clear by the nature of your comments), as is always the case with political topics on Youtube. That you can't see and understand that is rather telling.

And if you want people to keep it polite, you should have thought about it before you labeled all liberals as hypocrites. 

Again, you can't read. I didn't said liberal.

Around the Network
ratuscafoarterea said:
Hynad said:

What you think about the issue isn't important for such a video. The video is about how THEY feel about the issue. Allowing people to debate in the comment section would only devolve into an hate war (this much you made clear by the nature of your comments), as is always the case with political topics on Youtube. That you can't see and understand that is rather telling.

Again, you can't read. I didn't said liberal.

You're right, you said worst. You said liberal minded. Which encompasses an even wider group of people.

KBG29 said:
The way Trumps (temporary) ban played out played out may not have been popular with some, but it was done for the right reason.

And what reason is that? Terrorism?
If that's the case then why didn't trump place a ban on Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates?
What about the largest Muslim-majority country on Earth, Indonesia?

Or the fact there is no ban on say... Palestine or Afghanistan which have both been the birth countries of multiple terrorists in the USA.

You don't do a half-assed job and call it something it's not, just like the wall being downgraded to a fence.

HollyGamer said:
I never knew that this Immigration thing are affecting our gaming life , probably when Trump decide to stop US company producing their product on China , It will be affecting every entertainment and electronic business as whole.

The Tariffs should increase console prices at the very least as they are manufactured in China.

Things like game development shouldn't change.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Normchacho said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

It's not nonsense. Had they left the comments section open it would have been a mess of arguments and name calling and that wouldn't have done anyone any good and I'm sure that's not the type of conversation Insomniac wants to facilitate. As I said, there are certainly ways to get in touch with them that are not only still open, but are probably more likely to get them to actually read your opinion. If it matters to you, email them. It's certainly better than getting lost with 20,000 other Youtube comments. If you want something more convienent, contact them on Twitter.

You specifically said it was censorship and it's not. Also, I'm not trying to demonize you. I'm mearly pointing out that there are still ways for you to express your opinion, both to Insomniac, and to others on the internet, without Youtube.

You said "If you just want to vent some frustration" that right there, you're trying to demonize me, as in "look at this guy, he has issues that need venting".

And no, comments on YT can stay civilized and constructive, and they actually give you a better idea on how other people see the issue. Not letting your potential customer base express their opinion, it’s like doing the head in the sand thing.  

Normchacho said:
Edellus said:

=/ Spyro was the very first game I played on my PS1.

Now I'm not saying that it's not ok to have these opinions (or any opinion, for that matter), but at this point it seems to me like they are in the virtue signaling bandwagon. I'm probably nitpicking, but it looks like that to me because of how the video and the speech was made; token people at the front, the crossed arms and the self-pointed righteousness ("our anti-discrimination policies").

That said, it's not a shock either. Liberal dominated places (like videogame companies) might be on pressure to make a stand, and it better be the "correct" stand or they risk shame and business contacts in the industry, so it ends up being smart not sharing dissenting opinion (although I find it sad and a free speech impediment).

Well, even if it is considered the "right" opinion, there are still going to be people who are going to be upset by this (as has been shown in this very thread) so it likely will still cost them some small amount of business.

This was much more likely an action driven by conscience than one driven by business.

Yes, if you engage in politics, you will never make everyone happy, w/e statement you make, but the loud majority is of their same opinion, and more importantly to them; the media is. From a PR point of view, I think it makes sense to give that statement if they plan on giving a statement at all, as it puts them on the good side of the media by default.

I'm not sure what to think of which one is more likely, to be honest. If I were on their position (as in each individual of potentially dissenting opinion), I'd agree too and excitedly so, to avoid any confrontation that might do perjudice in me staying in that company. It's instict to adapt to the environment.

It can even be for both reasons.

ratuscafoarterea said:

I just love how you can’t comment or thumb up/down the video posted by Imsoniac. It’s like they are telling you “we have the moral high ground on this matter, your opinion doesn’t matter”. Once again, it just shows the hypocrisy of the liberal minded.

BTW, from now on, I will buy my Insomniac games, used.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5