By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Insomniac Games Studio Reaction to Current US Immigration Policy

Tagged games:

ratuscafoarterea said:

I just love how you can’t comment or thumb up/down the video posted by Imsoniac. It’s like they are telling you “we have the moral high ground on this matter, your opinion doesn’t matter”. Once again, it just shows the hypocrisy of the liberal minded.

BTW, from now on, I will buy my Insomniac games, used.

So developers aren't allowed to have an opinion on injustice? 

Either way, I believe that Trump won because we on the left were unable to reach across the aisle and explain the benfits of putting hope and community ahead of fear and division -- and our candidate was disliked enough to not be able to safely play the 
"anyone but Trump" card. Despite saying that, I am still at a loss of how to explain to Trump supporters that the man is clearly lying to them. It's almost as if there is no way to articulate the painfully obvious, because it's like explaining that red is red and up is up.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

I just love how you can’t comment or thumb up/down the video posted by Imsoniac. It’s like they are telling you “we have the moral high ground on this matter, your opinion doesn’t matter”. Once again, it just shows the hypocrisy of the liberal minded.

Either way, I believe that Trump won because we on the left were unable to reach across the aisle and explain the benfits of putting hope and community ahead of fear and division -- and our candidate was disliked enough to not be able to safely play the 
"anyone but Trump" card. Despite saying that, I am still at a loss of how to explain to Trump supporters that the man is clearly lying to them. It's almost as if there is no way to articulate the painfully obvious, because it's like explaining that red is red and up is up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

They're right tho.

ratuscafoarterea said:

You're part of the reason why such videos [about official statements/stances which have no reason to be debated in the first place], have their comments section disabled. Sad part about it is that you don't even see or understand why.

Normchacho said:
StuOhQ said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Ouch. xD

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

You can’t read, I’ve never said that they are not to be allowed to have their own opinion. And it’s hypocritical since I was complaining that they are not giving me (or anybody else) the option to express my opinion on the matter. Got it?

Hynad said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

You're part of the reason why such videos [about official statements/stances which have no reason to be debated in the first place], have their comments section disabled. Sad part about it is that you don't even see or understand why.

Really? So tell me, what did I said to offend so much, that you came to the conclusion that is better to censor people’s opinions?  

ratuscafoarterea said:
StuOhQ said:

You can’t read, I’ve never said that they are not to be allowed to have their own opinion. And it’s hypocritical since I was complaining that they are not giving me (or anybody else) the option to express my opinion on the matter. Got it?

Yeah, I know right? How dare they not allow other people to have a saying on other people's opinions. 

=/ Spyro was the very first game I played on my PS1.

Now I'm not saying that it's not ok to have these opinions (or any opinion, for that matter), but at this point it seems to me like they are in the virtue signaling bandwagon. I'm probably nitpicking, but it looks like that to me because of how the video and the speech was made; token people at the front, the crossed arms and the self-pointed righteousness ("our anti-discrimination policies").

That said, it's not a shock either. Liberal dominated places (like videogame companies) might be on pressure to make a stand, and it better be the "correct" stand or they risk shame and business contacts in the industry, so it ends up being smart not sharing dissenting opinion (although I find it sad and a free speech impediment).

ratuscafoarterea said:
Hynad said:

Really? So tell me, what did I said to offend so much, that you came to the conclusion that is better to censor people’s opinions?  

The comments section of that video just isn't the right place to make your opinion heard.

If you do really want to reach out to Insomniac games, I'm sure there are avenues that would allow you to do so.

If you just want to vent some frustration, you have the rest of the internet for that, including this thread.

It's not a matter of censorship. They aren't trying to keep you from voicing your opinion, it's just that I'm sure they'd rather it be done in a more constructive forum. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.