By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Old-School Fans Rejoice, Resident Evil Has Returned to its Roots

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:
RE6 was closer to RE's roots to me. In my view RE is first and foremost a zombie game so from my perspective, no zombies = not a proper RE.

you havent even played 7

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:

you havent even played 7

That's kind of my point... If it was what I expect from an RE game then I would have played it, but I haven't so...

So you have an opinion about the game without playing it?

back to the roots is highly overrated so no

As someone who only likes RE4-RE6 I feel betrayed.

I was put off by the supernatural stuff and how it seems nothing like a Resident Evil game. As soon as I saw there was a spooky little girl on the front cover, that was enough cliches for me.

I'm tempted to give it a try now though.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:

So you have an opinion about the game without playing it?

Yeah, and that's pretty common ya know. People decide whether to buy games all the time based on their opinions before playing them...

But you said RE6 is closer to its roots, thats not an opnion you make without having played both. 

is it loaded with QTE like re6?

Sadly those are not the roots i'm interested in aslong as it's first person. RE always was a third person game. While it doesn't return to that, it will never return to its roots in my eyes. I love classic RE. I don't love FP games.

BraLoD said:

You don't like 1-3? I feel betrayed now.

To think I once praised you...

From now on we are enemies, you and I.

BraLoD said:

Good luck with that, my entire army of LoD fans, which is a whole bunch of 5, will all come for you!

Hahaha, my Wild ARMY massively outnumbers you! There are 6 of us!

Wild ARMS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LoD