Forums - Gaming Discussion - Old-School Fans Rejoice, Resident Evil Has Returned to its Roots

Tagged games:

badgenome said:
BraLoD said:

You don't like 1-3? I feel betrayed now.

To think I once praised you...

From now on we are enemies, you and I.

Good luck with that, my entire army of LoD fans, which is a whole bunch of 5, will all come for you!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Good luck with that, my entire army of LoD fans, which is a whole bunch of 5, will all come for you!

Hahaha, my Wild ARMY massively outnumbers you! There are 6 of us!

Wild ARMS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LoD

brendude13 said:
I was put off by the supernatural stuff and how it seems nothing like a Resident Evil game. As soon as I saw there was a spooky little girl on the front cover, that was enough cliches for me.

I'm tempted to give it a try now though.

Maybe it's not supernatural at all....

mZuzek loves to pre-order

badgenome said:
BraLoD said:

Hahaha, my Wild ARMY massively outnumbers you! There are 6 of us!

Wild ARMS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LoD

Well, we all power rangers like morph into freaking cool dragoon warriors with shining flying armor and pet spaceship like dragons, so your massive army will have to use very well its number advantage!

BraLoD said:
I just want to know if there are too many of those "chases" with the house residents, where fighting is pointless.
I know people are comparing it to RE3 with Nemesis, but that doesn't seem to be nearly the case, Nemesis was beatable at every single encounter, and successfully escaping would actually mean that and not keep on dragging it.

That's literally the only point of concern I have, and it's a big one (well, missing zombies is also a horrible thing, but there are some enemies to fight at least), and if we have to keep running until we reach a point where we can effectively deal with them down the road, as boss fights, that would take a major tool on my experience with the game, as I don't want to have to run and play hide and seek, if there is an enemy I want to either be able to deal with him or successfully escape him so I can securely explore the places I passed while running.

As far as I can remember I think there is only 1 (maybe 2 moments.) in the game where you must run/escape from some kind of enemy. Contrary to what some might think I found that you could deal a significant amount of damage to your "Nemesis-like" pursuers in the other instances and not have to deal with them until a specified time later in the future.

If your a fan of the old games, particularly Re1 through 3 and Code Veronica, I think you might enjoy your time with it.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

Around the Network

I played the original in 1996 when it came out and became a die hard fan so I think I'm as "old school" as it can get but I'm not playing it. It's as far away from it's "roots" as it can get. Even more so than RE4. I don't need to say anymore than that.

pray4mojo said:
I played the original in 1996 when it came out and became a die hard fan so I think I'm as "old school" as it can get but I'm not playing it. It's as far away from it's "roots" as it can get. Even more so than RE4. I don't need to say anymore than that.

Your loss.

Since you're not going to play it, watch an online playthrough. Let me know if it strays as far from the originals as you think. I'd love your opinion as a fellow "Played the original in '96" guy!

mZuzek loves to pre-order

I came here to say that both Wild Arms and Legend of Dragoon suck.

Wright said:

I came here to say that both Wild Arms and Legend of Dragoon suck.

You could have given an example of a game better than both though...

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
RE6 was closer to RE's roots to me. In my view RE is first and foremost a zombie game so from my perspective, no zombies = not a proper RE.

Add to that, the Tryrants that were manufactured weapons, that either ran amok or were designed to kill specific people. The removal of cerberus and other undead creatures, just makes the game feel less like undead horror and more on pure goop/parasite style horror. 

Resi 7 still looks to me like Hillbilly meets Outlast, with a pinch of Blair Witch Project. I'd argue that Remake 1 is as close as you can get to the original roots, and it's what I'm hoping REmake 2 will do as well.