By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Old-School Fans Rejoice, Resident Evil Has Returned to its Roots

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
Wright said:

Haven't played the game, but considering how the trailers of the game seems to make it, he just "teleports" for the next chase scenario, and the previous areas become safe.

Well, it's better this way, so after the chase scene is done I can fully go back there and keep playing normally.

No, he patrols certain areas. After the boss fight (or after you trigger the part where he goes in there waiting for you), then you can explore safely. He calls for you while searching for you so you can hear where he is.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nautilus said:

Thats a rather narrow view of it in my opinion.While I also miss the good old zombie, RE is not defined by it, but rather the survival elements and the horror, combined with the exploration and light puzzles that the first RE introduced.I barrly began playing, but so far I am really enjoying it!Its been a loopoong ehile since I last enjoyed a horror game this much.

That's a big part of why I see them primarily as zombie games. I don't really like horror games, but love zombie games. I know other horror games like The Evil Within and Alien Isolation have also received a lot of praise in recent years, but they're just not games I have any real desire to play. Unlike zombie stuff like Dying LIght, that was a day 1 for me and I loved. Actually even bought RE Operation Racoon City day 1. The idea of playing as an elite special forces team in a zombie infested city sounded great, didn't really work out too well but the concept still interested me enough to buy it.

So yeah, RE game with zombies = goes on my to buy list (possible day 1 even), RE without zombies = not completely ruled out but pretty unlikely to play even if it ends up on PS+ or something.

Fair enough.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I just beat the game 8/10 scary yes
But there is like two enemy variants. Molded and That spider thing.
The Bakers are great i liked them great enemies.
Graphics savage,animation amazing.
Few plotholes missing but good game none the less.

I think the game looks good but scary games aren't really my thing. I struggled through Deadspace (loved it but had to play slowly due to scares) so it will take alot for me to give RE7 a try. I hope its successful for Capcom though, i respect their efforts.

It's good that sometimes, game companies listens to fans. I hope the game is a big success.

Around the Network
think-man said:
I think the game looks good but scary games aren't really my thing. I struggled through Deadspace (loved it but had to play slowly due to scares) so it will take alot for me to give RE7 a try. I hope its successful for Capcom though, i respect their efforts.

Oh man, Dead Space is so spooky. I think only the original Silent Hill scared me more.

Eh, im not sure if they returned to its roots with this game, but its def. a step up coming from 5 and 6.
Tho, I'd be honest, I didnt completely love RE7. It has a lot of slow parts and most of the horror is cliche horror and jump scares, so I dunno, even tho its much more elaborated than what Im making it sound, its just not as original as some people say it is.

From what I've seen on the game, it does look like more old school RE, so if I owned any of the consoles it's on I'd definitely play it. My favorite games in the series are RE 1 remake, RE0, and the Outbreak series, so I feel I'd really enjoy this one as well. Good to see it's doing well too. Hopefully this means the series will move away from the weird action oriented direction it was on with 5 and 6.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I wouldnt say its a return to its roots. RE7 is more like Outlast than a RE game. I say its a return to form with delivering a good game. 5 and 6 were good games just focused more on action.

Ka-pi96 said:
RE6 was closer to RE's roots to me. In my view RE is first and foremost a zombie game so from my perspective, no zombies = not a proper RE.

No puzzles, weird looking keys and backtracking = not a proper RE