Forums - Gaming Discussion - Old-School Fans Rejoice, Resident Evil Has Returned to its Roots

Tagged games:

Ruler said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's kind of my point... If it was what I expect from an RE game then I would have played it, but I haven't so...

So you have an opinion about the game without playing it?

Yeah, and that's pretty common ya know. People decide whether to buy games all the time based on their opinions before playing them...

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

back to the roots is highly overrated so no

As someone who only likes RE4-RE6 I feel betrayed.

I was put off by the supernatural stuff and how it seems nothing like a Resident Evil game. As soon as I saw there was a spooky little girl on the front cover, that was enough cliches for me.

I'm tempted to give it a try now though.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:

So you have an opinion about the game without playing it?

Yeah, and that's pretty common ya know. People decide whether to buy games all the time based on their opinions before playing them...

But you said RE6 is closer to its roots, thats not an opnion you make without having played both. 

Around the Network

is it loaded with QTE like re6?

Ruler said:
Ka-pi96 said:

But you said RE6 is closer to its roots, thats not an opnion you make without having played both. 

I also gave my reasoning for that. So unless there are proper zombies in RE7 and the psycho family in the woods thing isn't actually the game then I stand by what I said...

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

badgenome said:
As someone who only likes RE4-RE6 I feel betrayed.

You don't like 1-3? I feel betrayed now.

To think I once praised you...

Sadly those are not the roots i'm interested in aslong as it's first person. RE always was a third person game. While it doesn't return to that, it will never return to its roots in my eyes. I love classic RE. I don't love FP games.

BraLoD said:

You don't like 1-3? I feel betrayed now.

To think I once praised you...

From now on we are enemies, you and I.