By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump bans EPA employees from giving social media updates.

Puppyroach said:
Expected considering the fascist tone he set during the campaign. And it's a combination of things: Announcing the day of hos inauguration as a national patriots day, although in itself wouldn't be extremely surprising, along with the risk of him attacking net neutrality and hinting at limiting media, points towards a dictatorial, North Koreans style leadership that can devastate the US. We can likely see a scenario where he will try to limit people's right to protest and tje democratic influence of the people.

This thread was about Trump, not Clinton...

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

You got what you paid for. Or in this case, voted for. Oi, already censoring scientists, destroying protected property, and violating the rights of women in a span of a few days. Good job, America. And with him hiring who he has for the department of education, I doubt Americans in the future will be educated enough to learn from this failed abortion of a presidency.

Maybe all those Hitler references weren't as far off as first thought...

Vinther1991 said:
Holy shit. Seems Trump will be exactly as bad as I feared. That so many Americans wanted this, frightens me big time.

Only 27% actually wanted him in office and he lost the overall vote by 3 million. We, as in the 73%, don't want him in office.

StarOcean said:
You got what you paid for. Or in this case, voted for. Oi, already censoring scientists, destroying protected property, and violating the rights of women in a span of a few days. Good job, America. And with him hiring who he has for the department of education, I doubt Americans in the future will be educated enough to learn from this failed abortion of a presidency.

Again, only 27% of people actually voted for the guy and he lost the popular vote by 3 million. Him being in office has more to do with the failure of our electoral system... not the people. 

Around the Network
pray4mojo said:
StarOcean said:

Again, only 27% of people actually voted for the guy and he lost the popular vote by 3 million. Him being in office has more to do with the failure of our electoral system... not the people. 

I'm not blaming the whole of America. I'm referring to those who wanted Trump in power

pray4mojo said:
StarOcean said:

Hmm maybe I'm doing the math wrong. CNN says 126,000,000 voted in this election. 27% of that is basically 34,000,000. If hillary wont the popular vote by 3 millions that puts her 37,000,000. Something's not adding up. How are you getting these numbers?

pray4mojo said:
Vinther1991 said:
Holy shit. Seems Trump will be exactly as bad as I feared. That so many Americans wanted this, frightens me big time.

Only 27% actually wanted him in office and he lost the overall vote by 3 million. We, as in the 73%, don't want him in office.

27% of the American population is a lot of people in my opinion. How many voted 55-56%? I think the people that didn't vote are also partially to blame for this outcome.

It is fucked up that he could win with less votes than Clinton, but it's even more fucked up that 27% voted for him. In a healthy society a candidate like that would get 2-3% max

Puppyroach said:
Expected considering the fascist tone he set during the campaign. And it's a combination of things: Announcing the day of hos inauguration as a national patriots day, although in itself wouldn't be extremely surprising, along with the risk of him attacking net neutrality and hinting at limiting media, points towards a dictatorial, North Koreans style leadership that can devastate the US. We can likely see a scenario where he will try to limit people's right to protest and tje democratic influence of the people.

This is what bothers me the most, since it's the most recognisable characteristic of a beginning dictatorship. The US might indeed become a restricted democracy with a lot of propaganda, like Turkey.

bdbdbd said:
Puppyroach said:

This thread was about Trump, not Clinton...

Elaborate because I don't understand your reply? What in my post referred to a Clinton position?