By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reality check: what will happen with Switch

m_csquare said:
Alright, now i agree with that one guy who said this site needs a filter for switch thread

That was me

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Thanks for telling us.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

m0ney said:
m_csquare said:
Alright, now i agree with that one guy who said this site needs a filter for switch thread

That was me

Well fck

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Egelo said:

Ahh Hopes and dreams.  

Hey hey, As powerfull as PS4 for sure ehh buddy.  

How is that a "dream"? It's obvious you're incredibly biased against the Switch, but you'd have to be insane to expect Nintendo to just drop the 3ds immediately after Pokemon Sun and Moon just to prove to nay sayers that they're all in. What's going to sell the 3ds? A fire emblem remake for niche hardcire classic FE fans? Even Pokemon released on the DS while the 3ds was out and the 3ds still saw insane Nintendo support. 

6-8 million isnt a ridiculous figure. And no one with average intelligence would expect a hybrid with a small price range to be as powerful as a ps4

LMAo you just said this  " Yes but the ds's will probably stopped being sold after year one. "

You just showed you're increadable bias towards the switch.  If you know 3ds is selling so damn well why BS ill be killed in a year just to prop up the Switch.  Just to justify your hopes about its sale spotentiel ehh.  I get it it makes sense.    

Not much average inteliigence on here then ? casue iv seen the threads.  Ninty fans were so damn sure Switch would be somewhere around X1/PS4 power.

Egelo said:

How is that a "dream"? It's obvious you're incredibly biased against the Switch, but you'd have to be insane to expect Nintendo to just drop the 3ds immediately after Pokemon Sun and Moon just to prove to nay sayers that they're all in. What's going to sell the 3ds? A fire emblem remake for niche hardcire classic FE fans? Even Pokemon released on the DS while the 3ds was out and the 3ds still saw insane Nintendo support. 

6-8 million isnt a ridiculous figure. And no one with average intelligence would expect a hybrid with a small price range to be as powerful as a ps4

LMAo you just said this  " Yes but the ds's will probably stopped being sold after year one. "

You just showed you're increadable bias towards the switch.  If you know 3ds is selling so damn well why BS ill be killed in a year just to prop up the Switch.  Just to justify your hopes about its sale spotentiel ehh.  I get it it makes sense.    

Not much average inteliigence on here then ? casue iv seen the threads.  Ninty fans were so damn sure Switch would be somewhere around X1/PS4 power.

???? no, the 3ds will be cut off in 2018 because by then Sun and moons buying power will be limited. This does not take a rocket scientist. You need software stronger than remakes and Everoasis to ship massive volumn. Mario is that IP. And what system is that on again?

well most console gamers dont understand power, so i guess "average" isnt the proper term. 

Around the Network
Egelo said:

???? no, the 3ds will be cut off in 2018 because by then Sun and moons buying power will be limited. This does not take a rocket scientist. You need software stronger than remakes and Everoasis to ship massive volumn. Mario is that IP. And what system is that on again?

well most console gamers dont understand power, so i guess "average" isnt the proper term. 

Switch might be wiiu all over agian by then.

PS4s line up and price which could be 199.99 for the holidays is not giving me much hopes.  

m0ney said:
m_csquare said:

That was me

You should edit this into a betting thread instead. I enjoy the passive-aggressive sales predictions as much as the next guy but it would be better to keep them all in one place.

Higher/lower than Gamecube?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

m0ney said:

Nintendo fans will buy it and that's it. How many of them are there worldwide? 15 mil? 20? In other words it will sell exactly like Wii U

So 3ds owners don't count now? I'm a 3ds owner and I definitely look at this machine as the extension and next-generation of that device as well with the announcement of a new Fire-Emblem game coming to it. There's already rumors of a full Pokémon game as well in the works, so how is it that people like to exclude portable owners from the Nintendo faithful equation

This thread has amazing potential, but not in a very good way.

Going to throw a lock on this thread. It's off to a pretty poor start so far and the OP is surprisingly low effort for the argument it's trying to present. Try to put a bit more thought into sales prediction threads or else it just attracts the wrong type of discussion.