By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3 Major Consoles All Made in China

Hardly surprising at all

Tax China and Xboxs will cost more, not sure if that's the best course of action?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Haha poor poor MS.

Positive, leads to better quality built products in the future. 

Yes they have to keep the price down somehow

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The Chinese are quite a talented people. I'm loving the piece of hardware they made for me. A great bunch of lads!

pokoko said:
Tariffs would be great for protecting all the American console factories from unfair competition.

They'd also lead to more expensive consoles.

Anyway, I could be mistaken but I believe the last console to actually be manufactured here in the US was the Atari Jaguar. It was unusual even back then.

Around the Network

Well, this may push digital sales a bit more, because I doubt that they can be charged with that tariff.

As for consoles and every other bit of electronics (like those 4K TVs Sony and MSoft are targeting for with their Pro and Scorpio machines), well, you'll end paying more for them unless the manufacturers decide to absorve the losses themselves and not passing them to customers, which I doubt, or pass the extra cost to us, europeans, which I sadly wouldn't rule out completely.

But, you know what? It can be worse. Trump has said that the US Dollar is too high and hurts exportations, so if he decides to devaluate the dollar, you'll end paying even more for your goods than what that 10% tax could mean.

On the other, bright side, Foxconn is in talks to build a massive factory to produce flat screen panels in the US. Maybe with time they can also build another one to assemble consoles there (but that would be for PS5, Xbox-? and Switch 2).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Made me chuckle.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

So Trump is going to ruin your hobby for you. Congratulations.

I always wonder if there are really that many americans just waiting to get a minimum-wage job at a foxconn factory. That company alone has like 1.3 million employees. If each and every thing the americans want and need is to be produced in their own country, they could need anything between 10 and 20 million work drones. Which will be even harder to achieve when you throw out all those immigrants...

Maybe it's just me, what the hell do I know about economics, but is all that really thought-through?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Game prices & Console hardware soon to rise 10% in the USA.

Thanks Trump,.... I guess?