By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3 Major Consoles All Made in China

OdinHades said:
I always wonder if there are really that many americans just waiting to get a minimum-wage job at a foxconn factory. That company alone has like 1.3 million employees. If each and every thing the americans want and need is to be produced in their own country, they could need anything between 10 and 20 million work drones. Which will be even harder to achieve when you throw out all those immigrants...

Maybe it's just me, what the hell do I know about economics, but is all that really thought-through?

That company basically is replacing every worker with robots https://futurism.com/apple-manufacturer-foxconn-to-fully-replace-humans-with-robots/

Apple's Mac's already are made back in USA (Texas/Austin) and created dozens of jobs...

Funny part is that many companies who make robots are from China...So in the future you possible get companies that open in USA because of trump taxes but have to buy chinese robots...

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

That company basically is replacing every worker with robots https://futurism.com/apple-manufacturer-foxconn-to-fully-replace-humans-with-robots/

Apple's Mac's already are made back in USA (Texas/Austin) and created dozens of jobs...

Funny part is that many companies who make robots are from China...So in the future you possible get companies that open in USA because of trump taxes but have to buy chinese robots...

Oh the irony 

99% of every product in every store is like made in China lol

Good luck America! :)

V-r0cK said:
99% of every product in every store is like made in China lol

Good luck America! :)

"The United States was the world's third-largest exporter, after China and the European Union (EU). It's the world's largest importer."

That 10% is gonna suck for alot, however I suspect all that will happend is a trade war will start and the US will get a 10% tax, from every country they give one too.

This is bound to have a negative short term effect.

Maybe long term if the US starts makeing more of their own stuff, and those jobs stay in the US, it ll prove beneficial.

But I suspect 4 years from now when Trump wants to get re-elected the US economy will be weaker than it is today.

Sounds like America is going to turn into Brazil, keep upping those import taxes..

Around the Network

Well welcome to the 21st century. "Everything" in personal electronics are made in China and a lot of US "manufactures" will have the parts made in china then assemble them here, because it is cheaper that way. (The tariffs on completed products is higher then parts.) Heck even foxconn who puts together the consoles, iPhones, etc, wants to build a factory in the US to make it so they can still under bid for US contracts.

Im happy to pay more to have more American products. Hell there are plenty of games i can buy used for $5-10 waiting for prices to drop. Save money and enjoy games.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
Im happy to pay more to have more American products. Hell there are plenty of games i can buy used for $5-10 waiting for prices to drop. Save money and enjoy games.

Speak for yourself. I'm sure there are people like you, but there definitely are people that aren't like you as well. Also, do you really expect other countries to respond to this? It'll be a disadvantage for American exports too.

JRPGfan said:
AsGryffynn said:

Translation: The PS4 has had a winning streak too long! Big border tax on Sony and also on Microsoft if they do not make their consoles in the US! ~ Donald J Trump. 45th President of the United States of America and God-Emperor of Mankind. 

USA baby! 

Then I guess things will just get needlessly more expensive in the US.

Those factories are probably staying where they are, not moveing to the US.

What that means overall is the US will be come more poor.

Or they will do what they did in Brazil and open factories in the US of A... 

konnichiwa said:
OdinHades said:
I always wonder if there are really that many americans just waiting to get a minimum-wage job at a foxconn factory. That company alone has like 1.3 million employees. If each and every thing the americans want and need is to be produced in their own country, they could need anything between 10 and 20 million work drones. Which will be even harder to achieve when you throw out all those immigrants...

Maybe it's just me, what the hell do I know about economics, but is all that really thought-through?

The whole point is to discourage Chinese imports, robots included... 

AsGryffynn said:

konnichiwa said:

The whole point is to discourage Chinese imports, robots included... 

Well discourage imports generally but except if he forbids imports it is not going to stop when businesses can invest in buying technology overseas.

Good example Mc donalds, force them to make investments/workforce more expensive and you end up with this:

They not cared that technology was bought from Ireland/China/Canada/Belgium or Princess Peach kingdom, tax those technology and it will be the consumer/Workforce that's going to feel it like it always goes with businesses or Trump forces Japan to pay the taxes....