By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Removes Snap From Xbone

They better PiP that shit... 😐

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

It's apparently getting replaced with PiP

Instead, Xbox looks to be exploring the possibility of a picture-in-picture multitasking implementation, where "snapped" app would simply hover in the corner of your game, rather than wiping out a quarter of your screen with a largely empty bar.

Example:

http://www.windowscentral.com/future-xbox-dashboard-new-guide-menu

Also the new Xbox Achievement tracking pretty much does this now.

This article was back in November. So Jez's insider was actually right. 🙄

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Admittedly I actually used this feature for crap games I just wanted to complete through to the end. Destiny, Watch Dogs and Division mainly.

Unbelievable, this was my favorite XBO feature, and most wanted XBO feature on PS4.

I have spent so many weekends playing madden or NBA 2K with friends while having a game snapped. I always wished Sony would allow PS Vue to do something similar so I could do the same thing on my set up.

I really hope they have something coming to replace this, because I was really looking forward to using this myself when I pick up my Scorpio later this year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Man, I was scared! I literally have an HDMI splitter coming from Amazon this week for my third Xbox One (the other two already have one) because I use the feature so much.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network

Best update ever!

I hated that piece of shit. Whenever an achievement popped up and I pressed the Xboxy button thingy to go check it it would always open a shitty snap window for the achievements which was useless and annoying and made me waste my time closing it rather than opening up the proper achievement page that I wanted. Good riddance!

That pip stuff is cool. Making games more fun on xbox.

Be patient. They will bring it back, but not the way it was. A lot of us love the snap feature, but it did take up a lot of real estate. Eventually you will be able to snap again, but it will be more of a floating overlay that you will get to decide where it goes. There is a video of it in action for the achievement tracker. 

https://youtu.be/7UNr6nyPLtU?t=4m32s

This update looks nice

What? They're removing a feature that was advertized since launch?