By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Removes Snap From Xbone

Man, I was scared! I literally have an HDMI splitter coming from Amazon this week for my third Xbox One (the other two already have one) because I use the feature so much.

Around the Network

That pip stuff is cool. Making games more fun on xbox.

Be patient. They will bring it back, but not the way it was. A lot of us love the snap feature, but it did take up a lot of real estate. Eventually you will be able to snap again, but it will be more of a floating overlay that you will get to decide where it goes. There is a video of it in action for the achievement tracker. 

https://youtu.be/7UNr6nyPLtU?t=4m32s

This update looks nice

What? They're removing a feature that was advertized since launch?

Around the Network

Not only did they remove TV snapping, they also removed the mini TV in the dashboard and you are left in silence as you browse the UI. It's such a lonely place, the silence. 🙁

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Good. You can't watch 2 things at once. You can have 2 on the screen but you're not really watching either. You're just half watching each and not getting the whole experience. If I want to not pay attention to a movie or game I'll play on my phone to do so.

I am Iron Man

If they replace it with PIP, no problems. I use snap as one of the main features when playing games since I can skype with my nephew while we play multiplayer games.

Ahh snap

WHY?!!! I WANT TO CHECK MY ACHIEVEMENTS WHILE PLAYING!!!!!!!!!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).