By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Removes Snap From Xbone

method114 said:
Puppyroach said:
If they replace it with PIP, no problems. I use snap as one of the main features when playing games since I can skype with my nephew while we play multiplayer games.

I don't understand the point of removing it now before pip is ready.

Because it is removed for preview members, people who voluntarly choose to get updates that possible have features removed or have more features first.

Around the Network

Wait a second. They removed the multitasking tool to improve multitasking?

Microsoft had an excellent 2016, but they are having a pretty weird 2017 if I may say so.

d21lewis said:
Man, I was scared! I literally have an HDMI splitter coming from Amazon this week for my third Xbox One (the other two already have one) because I use the feature so much.

for what purpose the splitter???

I split my Xbone into 3 TVs. My splitter can do 8.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
endimion said:
d21lewis said:
Man, I was scared! I literally have an HDMI splitter coming from Amazon this week for my third Xbox One (the other two already have one) because I use the feature so much.

I like to watch TV through my Xbox One. So much so that I have a One on almost every TV. Unfortunately, my wife isn't very tech savvy and if I run the HDMI into the back of the Xbox, that's the only way to watch TV.

With the HDMI splitter, I can watch TV via Xbox and still use snap and voice commands. When I turn the Xbox One off, she can still watch TV the old fashioned way.

- what I do is I run an HDMI from the tv into the splitter. Then, I run one into the Xbox and one into the TV.  SOWTECH ST-HDSP0001 1X2 HDMI Splitter for Full HD 1080P Support 3D (One Input To Two Outputs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CCMOMM0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bymIybNMXJR4D

Around the Network
method114 said:
Puppyroach said:
If they replace it with PIP, no problems. I use snap as one of the main features when playing games since I can skype with my nephew while we play multiplayer games.

I don't understand the point of removing it now before pip is ready.

This is only in the EARLIEST Preview builds sent out to only a SMALL few of the PREVIEW program. That is the whole point of the PREVIEW program is testing things out. For the other 25 million Xbox One owenrs nothing has changed. The update doesn't release until APRIL/MAY and more changes will happen before its release. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

d21lewis said:
endimion said:

I like to watch TV through my Xbox One. So much so that I have a One on almost every TV. Unfortunately, my wife isn't very tech savvy and if I run the HDMI into the back of the Xbox, that's the only way to watch TV.

With the HDMI splitter, I can watch TV via Xbox and still use snap and voice commands. When I turn the Xbox One off, she can still watch TV the old fashioned way.

- what I do is I run an HDMI from the tv into the splitter. Then, I run one into the Xbox and one into the TV.  SOWTECH ST-HDSP0001 1X2 HDMI Splitter for Full HD 1080P Support 3D (One Input To Two Outputs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CCMOMM0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bymIybNMXJR4D

oh OK i get it... I was wondering what was the purpose of the spliter and snap option... Me I just taught the wife the way... Guess your way is better... Now she actually uses the XBox too much to my taste :p

Soonerman said:
I hated snap. I'm glad they got rid of it. But I will say that I know people that used it quite a bit.

Agreed. 

Really enjoying this new update, it's fast and snappy. I only used snap to track achievements, the PIP idea seems way better. I'm glad download speeds have improved also since I'm mostly digital now.

new one looks much better. :)

ive never used the old one.