By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it really that strange to alphabetize your games?

Qwark said:
KLXVER said:

What do you do when a game is made by two developers? Which developer do you group the game with?

I have a small crisis but if one of them is Sony I usually side with them. Luckily only a few games have multiple publishers. Although I am not sure if I should put Bloodborne under the Japan studio side of Sony or to put it with the souls games associated by Sony. Oh well I burn that bridge when I cross it, probably stick with Sony Japan.

Just buy a second copy in these cases. ;)

Around the Network

I sort my 360 games alphabetically, but my Nintendo and Sony games I sort by franchise/developer/genre. Starting from left is the first party games grouped by franchise, and then it's 3rd party games grouped by franchise/developer/genre. So like, AC games are in order, and they're beside other Ubisoft franchises like Far Cry and Watch_Dogs. And then on Wii, I keep NMH together, and they're also beside other violent games like MadWorld.

pbroy said:

I would do that too, but I can't do that on PS3. 😐 urks the living crap out of me. Why helll is there no sort by alphabet on there?

Same here. It's madness.

Tend just to.keep them in system order, but often I groups multiple entries together like AC3,4,5,6 pr TPHD with WWHD and stuff like that. Or sometimes in order off favorite to least favorite etc. Doesn't take long to.get wrecked though.

captain carot said:
KLXVER said:

No, the game starts with a T. Its called The Legend Of Zelda.

Umm, no, really. That's where almost everyone does it wrong. Alphabetizing was ppart of my job years ago.

We get it right. The first letter in the name is a T. I know many do it like you though. Like A Nightmare On Elm Street starting with N.

Around the Network

I would say it be odd not too unless you got like 10games

I don't. I group them on system and just know where I put stuff.

I just group games that are for the same system. I don't have that many games, so I don't need to sort them.

I group them by system, played / backlog, then by genre with series together.
With movies I tend to group them by genre and director which is annoying when directors go cross genre! I never go as far as alphabetizing. Favorites get the premium spots while lesser ones getting the bottom shelves. I ran out of room and now they're also piling up on top.

WiiU games are in the living room, got another box full of redundant DVDs (replaced with blu-ray) Most my XBox and 360 games have either gone to friends or traded in since the machines broke. I did recently get a new 360 for $15, no XBox anymore though. All my PC games are in moving boxes. It's easier to buy them again on GoG than trying to get them to run from the original CDs. I still like to keep the boxes and manuals, nostalgia I guess.

Btw on the top right is a dismantled ylod ps3. Sticking out on the top left a 2kb memory card from the late seventies.

#PhysicalMasterRace :p

Nah, my collection is rather simple!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.