By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it really that strange to alphabetize your games?

I always do that

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
Qwark said:
RolStoppable said:
Yes, it is strange.

I sort my games in two categories, good and bad. This means one group is Nintendo games and the other one third party games.

Nintendo being the bad ones right can't imagine GTA 5, RDR, Skyrim and others being bad.

Just as equally as I can't imagine Star Fox Zero, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival or Mario Tennis Ultra Smash being in the good category. But I'm guessing Rol's smart enough to not purchase those.

RolStoppable said:
Yes, it is strange.

I sort my games in two categories, good and bad. This means one group is Nintendo games and the other one third party games.

Wow.  Even this one took me by surprise.  No wonder everyone loves you.

well, yes. How else am I supposed to find anything?

KLXVER said:
Qwark said:
I group them based on the producer and I put games made by the same developer in chronical order. I do the same for movies and music, although I order the latter on genre bans and the year the album released. Anyway for me it's a very logical system and I can find my music, games or movie pretty much blindly. If you can do that as well I would say as long as the system works it ain't stupid.

What do you do when a game is made by two developers? Which developer do you group the game with?

I have a small crisis but if one of them is Sony I usually side with them. Luckily only a few games have multiple publishers. Although I am not sure if I should put Bloodborne under the Japan studio side of Sony or to put it with the souls games associated by Sony. Oh well I burn that bridge when I cross it, probably stick with Sony Japan.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I always do that too.

So far the only game that throws me off in my library is Final Fantasy XIII series...because you have Final Fantasy XIII then Final Fantasy XIII-2 then Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy.......I still group them together but why couldn't they just call it just FFXIII-3 or if anything FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns.

It's not strange. I do it too

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

LivingMetal said:

Almost all of my games that are on display on shelves are in alphabetical order within platform.  I've had a handful of people I wouldn't say have criticized but have found it surprising that my games are alphabetized.  Why???  I honestly cannot phantom what's the issue.  It's not like it's a single 1 foot wide shelf that doesn't need a lot or organizing to find something.  On a related note, a friend of mine couldn't understand how someone could keep their comics is new condition.  Well Dan (<--- my friend) if you weren't such a slob, maybe your comics wouldn't be in a single pile sitting bare from the carpet up with the corners hanging over each other, and your comics MIGHT be in the same condition, too.  Anyway, do you alphabetize your games?  If not, why wouldn't you?

Dude, you need to play more and organize less... I have many PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, but even tho they are organized by system, they are not in alphabetical order. Just shoved all squeezed on the shelf. Whenever I have time, I use it to play those games, not to have them ordered Xp

I guess thats some kind of obsesive disorder.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

BraLoD said:
V-r0cK said:
I always do that too.

So far the only game that throws me off in my library is Final Fantasy XIII series...because you have Final Fantasy XIII then Final Fantasy XIII-2 then Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy.......I still group them together but why couldn't they just call it just FFXIII-3 or if anything FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns.

Yup, to me it's FF XIII-3, fuck what they call it, XD

Square trying to get all fancy with their titles xD

I think every Steam account does that automatically. Not so weird.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.