By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS on porting from PS4 to Switch, why Disgaea 5 was chosen as first game for the system

I hope Switch gets all of the Vita otaku devs on board. NIS is a good start, but it needs all the Falcom & Gust support it can get for me to be interested.

Will be interesting to see what results they get on the console.

At least there's another year worth of Vita support in Japan & the west to keep me occupied before I buy a Switch, hopefully the price falls by then which would make it an easier purchase.

Around the Network

Pretty cool that it's coming without any downgrade, even if wasn't exactly pushing the PS4.

Then again you have games like Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 that have experienced significant downgrades. I think this has more to do with just how light on resources this game actually is rather than how easy Nintendo has made it to port games.

Considering the graphics of the game, I'd be surprised if it needed much of a downgrade. Not that I mind of course, since the game looks superb anyway thanks to its style.

On the other hand, this means that the game doesn't take advantage of PS4's power nearly as well as it could.

I hope for

Grand Kingdom
Dragon's Crown
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
The Legend of Heroes franchise
The Witch and the Hundred Knight 1+2

Around the Network

The Switch is definitely going to be number 1 when it comes to Japanese support, they'd be crazy not to make games for a device so suited for Japan's market, the 3DS almost outsells double the amount of the PS4 there each week.

Green098 said:
The Switch is definitely going to be number 1 when it comes to Japanese support, they'd be crazy not to make games for a device so suited for Japan's market, the 3DS almost outsells double the amount of the PS4 there each week.

1.9M 3DS against 1.8M PS4 for 2016. Right, double the amount of PS4...

Faelco said:
Green098 said:

1.9M 3DS against 1.8M PS4 for 2016. Right, double the amount of PS4...

3DS is in its 7th year already. PS4 won't reach half of the 3DS's lifetime sales in Japan. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Versus_Evil said:
"The company won’t just make a game for launch and call it quits."

*stares at EA*

Stares at half the 3rd party devs giving Switch a shot.  

Bandorr said:
Disgaea 5 is a very good game. It is also quite fun being portable.
Sadly though with no new content, and most likely not even having trophies/achievements I won't be double dipping.

Glad to see it on the switch since they said at the beginning it couldn't be on the vita. I'd like it to spread like a virus. Go switch bring me new users which in turn will make Disgaea 6 worth making.

I wonder if many Vita developers will move over to the Switch since it makes it easier to develop games?