By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS on porting from PS4 to Switch, why Disgaea 5 was chosen as first game for the system

Alkibiádēs said:
Faelco said:

1.9M 3DS against 1.8M PS4 for 2016. Right, double the amount of PS4...

3DS is in its 7th year already. PS4 won't reach half of the 3DS's lifetime sales in Japan. 

The 3DS is in its 7th year? Hasn't even hit year 6 yet

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Faelco said:

1.9M 3DS against 1.8M PS4 for 2016. Right, double the amount of PS4...

3DS is in its 7th year already. PS4 won't reach half of the 3DS's lifetime sales in Japan. 

It doesn't change the fact that "the 3DS sells double the number of PS4 each week" is completely wrong. We are on a charts forum, let's try not to invent imaginary numbers when we have the real ones. You can say that the 3DS has a userbase a lot bigger than the PS4 userbase, that's right.

Versus_Evil said:
"The company won’t just make a game for launch and call it quits."

*stares at EA*

Haha, I was literally about to post that.

okr said:
I hope for

Grand Kingdom
Dragon's Crown
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
The Legend of Heroes franchise
The Witch and the Hundred Knight 1+2

In general, or from NIS? Because only one of those franchises is developed by them (Witch & Hundred Knight)

Huge fan of Disgaea 1 on the DS so I think I'll pick this up!

Just hope Laharl, Flonne, and Etna are in there. Love those three!

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I'm glad NIS is bringing Disgaea to the Switch. The only thing I'm worried about is if people are going to be scared about this game, being the 5th of the series, and may be afraid of not getting the story.

That's exactly what worries me. I mean, game looks like a solid SRPG, but I don't know if starting with V is a good starting pointt for the franchise.

You Switcheroos really don't need to worry about his as the stories of each game aren't connected, it's pretty much like final fantasy as there are similarities of how they all play but characters and stories are separate so please Switcheroos, don't let this out you off. Disgaea is a charming and good SRPG, and I do recommend it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

monocle_layton said:
Alkibiádēs said:

The 3DS is in its 7th year? Hasn't even hit year 6 yet

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Kresnik said:
okr said:
I hope for

Grand Kingdom
Dragon's Crown
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
The Legend of Heroes franchise
The Witch and the Hundred Knight 1+2

In general, or from NIS? Because only one of those franchises is developed by them (Witch & Hundred Knight)

But all of them are published in the EU by NIS, if I'm not mistaken.

okr said:

But all of them are published in the EU by NIS, if I'm not mistaken.

True. But they had no hand in the development of them, so they're not the kinds of titles they're talking about here.

StokedUp said:
Volterra_90 said:

That's exactly what worries me. I mean, game looks like a solid SRPG, but I don't know if starting with V is a good starting pointt for the franchise.

You Switcheroos really don't need to worry about his as the stories of each game aren't connected, it's pretty much like final fantasy as there are similarities of how they all play but characters and stories are separate so please Switcheroos, don't let this out you off. Disgaea is a charming and good SRPG, and I do recommend it.

Good, then I'll give it a try. I think it can do fairly well on the Switch, SRPG is a genre Nintendo fans are uses to thanks to FE. If not, well, I know I'll buy it so that's something XD.