By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS on porting from PS4 to Switch, why Disgaea 5 was chosen as first game for the system

I'm excited for Disgaea on the Switch

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
monocle_layton said:

The 3DS is in its 7th year? Hasn't even hit year 6 yet

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

I think you need some sleep mate.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Alkibiádēs said:

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

I think you need some sleep mate.

what about his last post was wrong? 2017 is the 7th year of 3DS on the market.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

BasilZero said:
zorg1000 said:

what about his last post was wrong? 2017 is the 7th year of 3DS on the market.

February 2011 -> 2012     1st year

February 2012 -> 2013    2nd year

February 2013 -> 2014    3rd year

February 2014 -> 2015    4th year

February 2015 -> 2016    5th year

February 2016 -> 2017 (which is in one month)    6th year

11 + 6 = 17

Its the year 2017 right now which is the 6th year anniversary of the system next month.

so its arguing over semantics? 3DS will be in its 7th year 5 weeks from today.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

BasilZero said:
zorg1000 said:

so its arguing over semantics? 3DS will be in its 7th year 5 weeks from today.

6th year.

Its plain as day if you know how to count but whatever you say fella.

Look back at your last post.

February 2016-2017 is year 6

What does that make February 2017-2018?????

Around the Network

That's kinda a funny way of fulfilling the request of the fans. "You want D5 on portable? Here it is! ...on the Switch. Go get that if you want the best portable version of the game!" I do hope this means the Switch can get some good support, from the Japanese side at least. Good way of testing out the system as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BasilZero said:
zorg1000 said:

What does that make February 2017-2018?????

Something that hasnt happened yet since we're in January 2017.

like i said, 5 weeks from today it will be in its 7th year

either way its arguing over semantics, calling 2011 its first year is a completely thing to say considering it was available for just over 10 months.

Any way you cut it, its either in its 7th year or going to be in about a month.

BasilZero said:
Cloudman said:
That's kinda a funny way of fulfilling the request of the fans. "You want D5 on portable? Here it is! ...on the Switch. Go get that if you want the best portable version of the game!" I do hope this means the Switch can get some good support, from the Japanese side at least. Good way of testing out the system as well.

Considering that the Vita will not have a successor, its not like they have a choice. The Switch is pretty much the closest to a portable we'll get and NIS is open to making portable ports of their home console games.

Yeah, that is true. This is likely the next best thing.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
BasilZero said:

Considering that the Vita will not have a successor, its not like they have a choice. The Switch is pretty much the closest to a portable we'll get and NIS is open to making portable ports of their home console games.

It's also the posible next big japanese gaming device.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Cloudman said:

It's also the posible next big japanese gaming device.

I'm really hoping for that Bring on the Japanese games.

Dance my pretties!