By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to not have Achievements once again?

Should Nintendo add a Achievement system?

Yes! 169 65.50%

No! 89 34.50%

Total:258

The weird thing is, Nitnendo does have achievements in their games... sometimes. Animal Crossing New Leaf has them. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds has them, and has a lil something extra when you complete it. Hyrule Warriors does as well, and a lot of them too. The only difference is they're not tied to your account like with Sony and MS's systems.

Would having achievements on their system be great? Yes, to those who'd like them. Are they important? Probably not. While it wouldn't be good for those who do care about them, but it probably won't be a deal breaker to most people.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
sethnintendo said:

You are joking right?  If not then that is just fucking pathetic.  Price, lack of launch games, paid online yet you state main reason is lack of achievements.  I pray to all the gods that you are joking. 

Not joking. I want to have an ahievement profile that includes Nintendo games. I want to be able to earn achievements on games such as Pokemon, Mario & FE Warriors (love platinuming musou games!) and look back at that profile. I enjoy earning achievements, and I enjoy looking at them while reminiscing about games I`ve enjoyed and beat in the past.

Oh, and thanks for calling me pathetic

You aren't pathetic but the reasoning of not getting a Switch.  In my view there are more glaring problems with Switch.  Don't you know Nintendo games always have achievements in them?  I consider getting 3 stars on all the cups and modes in MK an achievement.

As much as people hate on achievement/trophy systems, I think that its a smart idea for the system creators because it helps to 'lock' people into a system.

I've definitely have had this thought before getting a game: 'I could by this game on Steam....but if I buy it on PS4 I can add to my trophy collection'

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Volterra_90 said:
Not sure, what's the point of My Nintendo then?

That could be it, just like they've done with their apps.
Nintendo could use My Nintendo for the Achievements everyone desperatelly needs,
and they'll be just as worthless  Be ready to purchase Switch themes with your Achievements!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

WolfpackN64 said:
I really don't care for an achievement system, I think they're absolutely pointless. The real achievements are where you got in a game and your memories.

Agreed

Around the Network
RossTheBoss said:
I never understood people's obsessive need for an Achievement Trophy system. As if someone scoring 100 points, 80 rebounds and 80 assists in one game with Lebron James, or killing 100 zombies with an umbrella instead of a chainsaw meant they got more enjoyment or more value out of their game than anyone else. I actually preferred the way it was handled with Wii U games better. Stars or stamps rewarded at the end of levels instead of annoying pop-ups in the middle of gameplay. And, if I was particularly proud of an individual game moment or "achievement", all I had to is click a snapshot of it on Miiverse. I didn't need Microsoft to pat me on the back with a 10 game points for finishing level one of a game.
Yes, I do have an Xbox One. And so, having one console with achievements, and one without, I don't feel like I got any less satisfaction from completing a game on Wii U than I did on Xbox. So, if the Switch doesn't have a system identical to what Microsoft or Sony uses, it won't make any difference to me.

well you see how the Wii U Sold.

people, it's adding content and if some like achievements and some don't like the idea, well that is a reason to add it because you want to make all options open to appease the customer. Also Achievements will not effect the people who don't like them or care in the slightest.  As a Nintendo fan and as the voting has showed, 65 % want Achievements and on other sites the % is much higher, this site seems to have a lot of Nintendo fans that will protect anything Nintendo does and approve on how they are handling everything.

However there sales are no good and they need to try to reach a much larger audience, not hearing simple request like this is a start. Nintendo has failed bad with it's out reach to gamers needs, wants and Yes MS did it at launch but turned around a flat out disaster of a launch around.
Why hasn't Nintendo done the same? oh they are tone deaf..

If you don't like achievements you have the option to completely ignore them and it will not effect you in the slightest however for someone who doesn't have them and see's massive benefits to their games in Replay Value, well why would Nintendo ignore the majority of what Gamers want. 2/3rds just on this site want it and to tell you the truth I didn't think it would be that high because of all the hardcore fans. I love Nintendo but it's hard not to see the massive blunders in their actions as of late. Let's hope they hear the gamer and add them among the many other things they have just ignored.

No one is asking Nintendo to be PS or MS but at the same time you must capture what is good about those system and incorporate current gaming needs and wants. Online for one needs to be much better. Nintendo's online is another issue I have but hey lets charge people when we have absolutely no 3rd party support and no games really to play accept a few. If you are going to charge, you need more content, not just Mario Kart and not a few others.

Ka-pi96 said:
sethnintendo said:

You are joking right?  If not then that is just fucking pathetic.  Price, lack of launch games, paid online yet you state main reason is lack of achievements.  I pray to all the gods that you are joking. 

Not joking. I want to have an ahievement profile that includes Nintendo games. I want to be able to earn achievements on games such as Pokemon, Mario & FE Warriors (love platinuming musou games!) and look back at that profile. I enjoy earning achievements, and I enjoy looking at them while reminiscing about games I`ve enjoyed and beat in the past.

Oh, and thanks for calling me pathetic

Exactly and there is nothing wrong with that, I think it adds massive replay value. People point out terrible thought out Acheivements on this thread like that's all they are offering but it's not. For instance in Diablo  you get a achievement to max out all of the characters. I'm a hardcore gamer, I like to play my whole game and want new experience and to be able to have some sort of ACHIEVEMENT to look forward too. Can nintendo add things to make the acheivement system a little more rewarding and fun, sure why not. Either way I enjoy them and as the poll shows, so does the Majority. 2/3rds to be exact.

One must first have lots of games to have an achievement system.

Otherwise the achievements will be like.

Congratulations you just earned a trophy for powering on your console for the first time.

Congratulations you changed the theme colour.

Congratulations you went onto eShop.

Congratulations you docked your Switch.

Congratulations you removed your joy cons from the switch.

Cobretti2 said:
One must first have lots of games to have an achievement system.

Otherwise the achievements will be like.

Congratulations you just earned a trophy for powering on your console for the first time.

Congratulations you changed the theme colour.

Congratulations you went onto eShop.

Congratulations you docked your Switch.

Congratulations you removed your joy cons from the switch.

yes but this is one issue among many Nintendo is facing.