By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to not have Achievements once again?

Should Nintendo add a Achievement system?

Yes! 169 65.50%

No! 89 34.50%

Total:258

Now this is from random sites and the lack of information at their presentation that would suggest Nintendo has not implemented achievements. So I could be corrected but it looks like Nintendo Achievements is a no go.

I have been wondering since Wii why Nintendo has not put in achievements, are they required? no but they are a added benefit for those who like them, if you don't, just ignore them, that simple.

However Nintendo achievements writes itself. You have a 100 Coins per game, you get a star for 100% of a games Coins. How hard is that really? I have got every Nintendo Console accept the gamecube. I'm thinking after all the bad news and decisions made by Nintendo I may not be picking this up either. Their unwillingness to at least use good idea's is rather pathetic, they have grown out of touch. I may have played Wii U all but 30 hours this whole gen. My wife puts hours up but even she says the controller is a pain and agree's achievements would add replay value and something to strive for. I also go back through my achievements to see what I have done for reflection of games I have enjoyed.

I have a competative nature so I compete with my score or work on achievements with others. However this does not stop me from playing the games I already want to play, if anything it adds hours and hours to those same games. 

So what's the deal with Nintendo not adding achievements? it's a good idea, always has been and does nothing to scare away players, actually it will only draws more in and that's what they need. People are competative by nature, this is why the achievement system will only add and not take away.

Around the Network

I'm going to print this page out and send it to Nintendo by mail. I have written them no less than 5 times about this same achievement system  however only by Email.

I just wait and see when it is official.

Your title seems like a claim, but you have no proof for that. Mind posting a source for that?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Please, don't write the title as if it's a confirmed fact. The UI of the Switch wasn't presented either, does that mean it's not going to have one? No!

It's best to wait for confirmation from Nintendo themselves.

EDIT: Thanks, personally i don't mind but it'd be nice for it to be there for the people who do.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I really don't care for an achievement system, I think they're absolutely pointless. The real achievements are where you got in a game and your memories.

Around the Network

Not sure, what's the point of My Nintendo then?

We definitely don't have all informations about Switch that goes for achievements also.

It's a shame Achievements and Trohpies have no real purpose other than highlighting how many games you play. They are mostly pointless and sometimes trophies exist where once they were unlockables in game.

Weirdly I'm fine to get them if I can as they are something to 'achieve' in the game but I think there should be more too them.

Hmm, pie.

Peh said:

I just wait and see when it is official.

Your title seems like a claim, but you have no proof for that. Mind posting a source for that?

Mind reading the article were I wrote a disclaimer?

Personally I enjoy achievements. Sure they don't mean anything but I've found over the years that I've gotten many extra hours out of some games due to trophies/achievements.

Did I expect Nintendo to add them? Of course not, they rarely add anything I want.