By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Developer Details Platform

Soundwave said:
This seems like an awful lot of information for a small Western dev to have.

Like why would Nintendo disclose Wii U controller and manufacturing costs to a relatively no-name studio like this that isn't even a Japanese studio?

It wouldn't.

Around the Network

Thia confirms that ill be waiting for a price cut.

shikamaru317 said:
zorg1000 said:

there is now, that was one of the things announced at the conference, NES/SNES that are given out with the online subscription will have online play.

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of NES/SNES games that could possibly need online play. I'm sure there are some, such as fighting games, but surely not enough to sustain this service for more than a year or two. Surely they plan to eventually add newer VC games to this service, such as N64, Gamecube and Wii games. 

Yeah, that could hold potential.The hardcore fans would go crazy for some Goldeney and Smash meelee multiplayer online.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

shikamaru317 said:
zorg1000 said:

there is now, that was one of the things announced at the conference, NES/SNES that are given out with the online subscription will have online play.

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of NES/SNES games that could possibly need online play. I'm sure there are some, such as fighting games, but surely not enough to sustain this service for more than a year or two. Surely they plan to eventually add newer VC games to this service, such as N64, Gamecube and Wii games. 

None need it but its a nice little bonus, F-Zero, Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Balloon Fight, etc. A bunch of multiplayer NES/SNES could incorporate online play.

And ya im sure they will expand on the service in time.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Alkibiádēs said:
Sounds good, and I know I should wait for a price cut before buying, but I'm too much of a Zelda fan to wait longer... And I don't want to play an inferior version (Wii U) when there's a better one out there.

If your planning on buying it sooner or later, just buy now I figure.

What you wait a year and you can save $50? $50 is nothing. That's like 2 hours of work, more or less depending on your salary. Regardless, it is less than 1 day of work. Or heck one day home from the bars.

And you get to play stuff right away, not a year later, when you may have been spoiled by someone or youtube videos or whatever.

I can understand if your iffy on something, but if you know you will get it sooner or later. $50 savings is not worth a year wait, imo.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Looking at the costs for the Wii U gamepad, it's no wonder Miyamoto was banned from taking part in any hardware decisions if the rumors of him being the one that pushed for the gamepad are true. It also explains why he was so hardheaded in trying to shoehorn gamepad functionality in Star Fox Zero even though it was obviously not working.

That $95 cost is surely a croc of sh*t, why on earth would a developer being given extremely classified information from Nintendo about production costs. The $95 value is probably from one of those ridiculous sites that calculates manufacturing costs from retail prices. The resistance screen in the gamepad is the same resolution as you get in those cheap digital picture frames and even when the wii u came out you could obtain complete android tablets with higher resolution capacitance screens for something like $30 retail. This information is meant to manipulate the end consumer's perceived value so you think you are getting a good deal. Can you imagine how much something like the ps4 or xbone would cost going by these costings, it would be like $1200 each with the same fantasy pricing. 

Remember Foxconn are pretty cheap and efficient manufacturers which is why they get so much work from so many companies from low end products to high end. How on earth a gamepad like that could cost $95 is ridiculous, the screen is probably $4, the low end battery $1-2, analogue sticks probably <$1. There isn't much of worth on the circuit board apart from a wifi type chip and low spec arm cpu. The plastic case <$2. Where exactly is this $95 going. The didn't even put analogue shoulder buttons on it, such was the cost cutting.

The Wii U was sold at a loss with a price tag of the PS4/Xbox One. That Gamepad is really expensive

Gyroscope for gyro-aiming? I need that sweet Splatoon gyro-aiming.

Interesting info. Some parts feel fake so not sure if this is a real developer or someone making stuff up.

- Comparing Joy controllers to Vive controller seems like a gross over simplificaiton.
- Requiring a lot of tech in the dock to switch to HDMI sounds like incredibly stupid engineering if true.
- Detailed info about costs is something developers wold not get, and devs would be under NDA for sure.  Talking about that on a podcast if she actually had the information is hard to believe.

My 8th gen collection

Let's see how this keeps up: I swear every moment the Happy/Grouch levels swap.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?