By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Developer Details Platform

"Her theory on VC is if you bought a VC game on 3DS or Wii U you’ll pay an upgrade fee like you did ON Wii U. However, if you bought the same VC game on both Wii U and 3DS you’ll get the Switch VC game for free. If you only bought it on Wii VC you’re SOL."

I really hope that is true, should get some games for free then :) and a lot for a cheaper price.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Dravenet7 said:

My only personal qualm with the Switch was the online. This news certainly lessesns the blow a bit, but paying fr online is still no less abyssmal.

Anything you buy digital you lease, not own.

That is dumb. I pay the same price as retail, yet only lease it?

Lease is the wrong word. You aquire a licence to use the game. You don't own it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

NATO said:
Wyrdness said:

Being a developer on it gives her far better incite than the average joe on the platform because she'll have to know how the games she develops are handled on the platform, a Nintendo staff can be anyone plus reps have had a history of giving out wrong information .

Let me say it again and be nice and clear about it.

Developer or not, Nintendo's internal policy on virtual console pricing, licensing and management, isn't something she would have any better knowledge of then the average joe.

Unless of course you believe that working for a company that holds a license to develop for the console means Nintendo go around giving extensive breakdowns on policies and pricing that has nothing to do with the licensee.

Taking her word as fact holds no weight.

Maybe you should read the information again as she never claimed to know anything on the pricing for VC hence "thoery" part which shoots down your rebuttal. Things like offering a game for free and such would be something a developer would be told about as they need to know how they're going to get paid of the downloads of their games, it's part of business between companies and studios, her words hold a lot more weight than Polygon who have had an agenda since their infamous MK8 prediction that blew up in their faces.

Assuming this is true, which is likely to be due to the source being a Switch developer that has a name and everything, this is great news!Room for pricedrops, The initial VC catalog could very well be as big as the Wii U or 3DS and will keep building on it, the game you get you keep it(though its still one old game, so still not great).though you still nee to pay a fee to upgrade(because lets be honest, you hardly own the game on both systems), but its better than buying them all again from scratch.

Overall, this is great!But it makes me wonder, why the hell wasnt this talked about by Nintendo?It basically kills about 50% of the issues that gamers have with the Switch.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Lot of it is probably spin. Not sure if I believe it.

Around the Network

tag

from neogaf on posted link:

The developer fthat was on RFN tweeted me back apologizing and stating that the triggers are digital. The error was made due to being very tired during the show.

So.. digital triggers.

Wyrdness said:

Things like offering a game for free and such would be something a developer would be told about as they need to know how they're going to get paid of the downloads of their games, it's part of business between companies and studios, her words hold a lot more weight than Polygon who have had an agenda since their infamous MK8 prediction that blew up in their faces.

it's their virtual console licensing, that has nothing to do with third party developers.

She. Would. Not. Know.

jonathanalis said:
from neogaf on posted link:

The developer fthat was on RFN tweeted me back apologizing and stating that the triggers are digital. The error was made due to being very tired during the show.

So.. digital triggers.

Would be odd that the pro controller has analog triggers, but the joy-cons not. But still.. WTH Nintendo?

zorg1000 said:
All of this is good news, hope its all true.

Yeah I feel the same.