By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameStop Switch pre-order numbers

Wyrdness said:
2m units are being shipped at launch so if true 1.2m means only 800k units are left of the first shipment.

The 1.2 million is game orders, not system orders.

System orders were 500k, with 250k on wait list basically. So even if some drop out, the likelyhood of the 500k that they have up for pre-order being sold are fairly certain.

Now is this all of gamestops consoles, or do they hold some for day of? Do they put them all up for pre-order?

But is Gamesetop U.S. only? So just one store in America has 1/4 of the total shiopments? I got mine on best buy. How many did they get? How many did Amazon get? Ect?  What about other countries? 

Really feels like Gamestop got too many or that 2 million is too low a number.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
2m units are being shipped at launch so if true 1.2m means only 800k units are left of the first shipment.

Isnt 1.2 millions unit regarding software?As far as we know, we only know that gamestop has sold out its 500k initial shipment.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Mummelmann said:
Pent up demand from people wanting something that isn't the Wii U, first 6-8 weeks should be massive. This is why I don't understand those who think it'll sell only a few million for the entire CY. First shipment will disappear right away, the real question is what happens after the dust has settled and slow season sets in, that's the real test.

I disagree..... The Wii u has had a barren wasteland of a line up last year.... I suspect the majority of pre orders are coming from Wii u Nintendo core guys..... 

mM

Also Wii u sold out pre orders at GameStop too within the day, 500k is a huge number though

mM
irstupid said:
Wyrdness said:

The 1.2 million is game orders, not system orders.

System orders were 500k, with 250k on wait list basically. So even if some drop out, the likelyhood of the 500k that they have up for pre-order being sold are fairly certain.

Now is this all of gamestops consoles, or do they hold some for day of? Do they put them all up for pre-order?

But is Gamesetop U.S. only? So just one store in America has 1/4 of the total shiopments? I got mine on best buy. How many did they get? How many did Amazon get? Ect?  What about other countries? 

Really feels like Gamestop got too many or that 2 million is too low a number.

Ahh misread that part.

Around the Network

That's not too shabby, eh?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

spurgeonryan said:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/nintendo_switch_pre-order_stock_-_tough_to_find_in_the_us_easier_in_the_uk

Looks like Europe is still apprehensive about Nintendo. Probably content with their Sony systems.
I have a feeling Japan will be huge.

It's sold out on amazon.de so I think France and Germany are all aboard. UK is small market for Nintendo. Xbox and playstation are king there

AZWification said:

That's not too shabby, eh?

To be honest it doesn't really mean anything. 

Wii U had similar/better numbers at GameSpot for pre-orders. 

There are 2-3 million Nintendo super-hardcore (these are 28-year-olds that are lined up outside a Best Buy at 7 AM to get Amiibo), also Nintendo has conditioned that base to expect undershipment, so that crowd mobilizes these days very aggressively. 

What sales are like in May/June/July/August are going to likely be a much better barometer. 

Perfect launch - first year line up like never seen before: AAA Zelda, AAA MarioKart 8 Deluxe, AAA Splatoon, AAA Super Mario Odyssey

Jumping the bandwagon is a no brainer given that this will be Nintendo console and handheld platform for the next 10 years.

I was able to get a pre-order at GameStop and Amazon. The initial 2 Million will surely sell out.