By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where are the missing partners?

What will Level 5 offer for Switch?

Yokai Watch 4 25.00%

Professor Layton 3 18.75%

Inazuma Eleven 1 6.25%

Ni no kuni 2 12.50%

Fantasy life 0 0%

Guild game collection 0 0%

new IP 0 0%

something else 1 6.25%

multiple of above 5 31.25%

see results 0 0%

Total:16
KLXVER said:
Mnementh said:

Wasn't aware of it. But so far all named partners are active with new games or ports, not Virtual Console. I would be kinda disappointed if thats the case.

Well we havent heard anything about the VC yet.

True dat. Still, I hope From ports some Dark Souls.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I added a poll asking for opinions on Level 5 involvement.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

I just realized a disturbing thing. Camelot Software Planning is not on that list of partners. Camelot Software are the guys that made the Shining series for Sega and worked with Nintendo since the early 2000s. They've made the Golden Sun games and Mario sport games . I hope they haven't parted ways with Nintendo.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:

I just realized a disturbing thing. Camelot Software Planning is not on that list of partners. Camelot Software are the guys that made the Shining series for Sega and worked with Nintendo since the early 2000s. They've made the Golden Sun games and Mario sport games . I hope they haven't parted ways with Nintendo.

You're right. The last game I can find is Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash from 2015. There should be something near completion right now. Does that mean there current title is something for 3DS or WiiU?

I'm really disappointed in these "partners". The Wii U had better support.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I'm really disappointed in these "partners". The Wii U had better support.

Well, it depends how you look at it.

Western support is without question ridiculous. I don't even know why they EA stage-time at the event with this joke of support. But at this point I expected this. Probably the Switch could have made the supercomputer list and still wouldn't get support. But I also grew bored with most western games. In my opinion they just non-risky money making efforts without much fun. I tried some of what is the rage, just not my cup of tea.

Japanese support looks different. Square and Koei support are pretty solid here. Capcom has only one game, but I still hope for Monster Hunter which would be pretty big. We didn't hear from Level5 yet, which leads me more and more to the question if there is a separate event for Level5, which would point to serious support. After all DS/3DS got gorgeous support from L5. Overall, by now, japanese side looks OK. Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch and Prof Layton would propel japanese support into the great category. So, that looks good.

axumblade said:
Luke888 said:

Couldn't 505 be porting Rocket League ? It'd be the first mobile version and I'm shure it can run on the Switch

That would also make sense. 505 have a lot more projects than I thought. xD hopefully all things mentioned will come out for it. :) 

The Professor Layton series ended (unfortunately). After two amazing trilogies, they've finished.

If Level 5 continues working with nintendo, I'm expecting Yokai Watch and a Professor Layton spinoff. They did announce a game called "Lady Layton", so anything is possible 

(I'd quote the post you made addressing level 5, but I'm too lazy to find it)

axumblade said:
monocle_layton said:

The Professor Layton series ended (unfortunately). After two amazing trilogies, they've finished.

If Level 5 continues working with nintendo, I'm expecting Yokai Watch and a Professor Layton spinoff. They did announce a game called "Lady Layton", so anything is possible 

(I'd quote the post you made addressing level 5, but I'm too lazy to find it)

Oooh. I haven't played any of the Layton games since the first trilogy but I do remember the Lady Layton announcement but havent seen anything about it in a long time. 

Apparently it's coming on mobile devices and 3ds. I wonder how they're going to price it. Is it going to be a $5 game? Or will mobile devices get a full fledged game?