By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hands-On with Nintendo Switch

Both Richard and John dont seem too thrilled about the docked experience. Looks like its best to view the system is as a really good handheld that can be connected to your TV.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

It is what it is. If you're looking for a handheld/portable Wii U .... Switch is terrific.

If you're looking at it as a home console mainly .... not so much.

Is John asking the audience to count the amount of nasal hair he has ? The way he comes off, sitting with his head back like that, looks so unprofessional. 

Article

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
shenlong213 said:

OK. This thread is about Digital Foundrys impressions which look at everything from the hardware, to its performance, to its games and thier performance. Im not sure why you posted these other videos because they arent nearly as detailed nor in line with this topic. (Edit: That sounded a lot meaner read out loud than it did in my head)

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Watched the video. seems like a fair assessment. Zelda at 30fps is still very disappointing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Watched the video. seems like a fair assessment. Zelda at 30fps is still very disappointing.

I think they are doing that by choice. I mean even Wind Waker HD was still 30fps on the WiiU.

Pretty fair assessment. Console price could be an issue but it's priced a little high because they know the hardcore will lap it up. Releasing March is pretty smart because they can risk pricing high and if sales dip they can cut the price before the holidays for the casual gamers.

SubiyaCryolite said:
shenlong213 said:

OK. This thread is about Digital Foundrys impressions which look at everything from the hardware, to its performance, to its games and thier performance. Im not sure why you posted these other videos because they arent nearly as detailed nor in line with this topic.

Sorry about that, but don't want to open a duplicate hands on Switch thread

So I will leave this here, this one is very lively and details about the Switch

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

So great handheld, average home console is im gathering from the video. They also compared to the Vita which is interesting.