By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hands-On with Nintendo Switch

shenlong213 said:

Sorry about that, but don't want to open a duplicate hands on Switch thread
So I will leave this here, this one is very lively and details about the Switch

No problem. Sorry if my post came out rude, that wasnt my intension.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
vivster said:
Watched the video. seems like a fair assessment. Zelda at 30fps is still very disappointing.

I think they are doing that by choice. I mean even Wind Waker HD was still 30fps on the WiiU.

Except that the choice they made was putting a potato in the Switch. After that they didn't have a choice anymore to release Zelda and still make it look as if it was a game released in 2017.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:

I think they are doing that by choice. I mean even Wind Waker HD was still 30fps on the WiiU.

Except that the choice they made was putting a potato in the Switch. After that they didn't have a choice anymore to release Zelda and still make it look as if it was a game released in 2017.

Well its a WiiU game and people say the Switch is like 3 times more powerful and yet they still cant get Zelda to run in 60fps? Just seems strange to me.

I still haven't got a view on how this thing will perform. Edit: A port of a 360 game and what amounts to 4 - 6 minute mini games for $40? Oh, my, Nintendo are being a little greedy with this system.

The PS5 Exists. 

KLXVER said:
vivster said:

Well its a WiiU game and people say the Switch is like 3 times more powerful and yet they still cant get Zelda to run in 60fps? Just seems strange to me.

That's because 3x potato is still potato.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
KLXVER said:

That's because 3x potato is still potato.

I guess.lol

Even Disgaea 5 and Bomberman runs below 1080p ? wth 

GribbleGrunger said:

I still haven't got a view on how this thing will perform. Edit: A port of a 360 game and what amounts to 4 - 6 minute mini games for $40? Oh, my, Nintendo are being a little greedy with this system.

1,2,Switch is 50$ 

Sh1nn said:

Even Disgaea 5 and Bomberman runs below 1080p ? wth 

1,2,Switch is 50$ 

Dear me, what are Nintendo thinking? It should have been packed in with the system. Nintendo fans will buy this but will it find that mass market appeal? I'm not sure about that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Soundwave said:
It is what it is. If you're looking for a handheld/portable Wii U .... Switch is terrific.

If you're looking at it as a home console mainly .... not so much.

perfect summary. I bet if Nintendo released games on switch and wii u at the same time for the next 2 years no one would bother with the switch.

Mario Kart 8 is 1080p and 60fps, even during four-player splitscreen. That's an impressive difference between docked and undocked. But I guess people only look for the negative.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides