By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Online Subscription service: What do you want it be?

CaptainExplosion said:
*cocks shotgun* *BANG* It! *BANG* Should! *BANG* Be free!!

Save your bullets for those responsible. Sony/MS gamers and pedophiles.

KLAMarine said:

I think there are some gaming places near where I live so I'm going to look into those.

The Switch is adapted for local gaming, multiple Switch units connected wirelessly or whatever.

This is Nintendo's plan.

Have people meet up in the real world. With alcohol. With 1,2 Switch. With males QuickDraw duelling for the honour and attention of a suitable mate based on her cow milking skills. Increased birthrate.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Free.

Cheap (if free is not possible).

I want to play my games online for free. Thats what I want. I'm already paying for my fucking internet.

CaptainExplosion said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Ha, we all know that wont happen! Didn't with Microsoft and didn't with Sony even when it's fans were accustomed to free online. The need to play your favorite games outweighs the cost for most. I'm just not strong enough to resist!

You'd be surprised with how much shit Nintendo's fans can give the company. Remember their refusal to buy Federation Force and Color Splash?

And how it didn't matter in the end ;_;

miz1q2w3e said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You'd be surprised with how much shit Nintendo's fans can give the company. Remember their refusal to buy Federation Force and Color Splash?

It mattered. I'm sure Nintendo hasn't got an outstanding profit of both the games XD. We are so easy to piss off. I liked Color Splash, by the way XD.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Yes it did. Those games flopped, so Nintendo was sent a message. Just because they haven't commented on the message yet doesn't mean it didn't matter.

I sure hope you're right.

Volterra_90 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

It mattered. I'm sure Nintendo hasn't got an outstanding profit of both the games XD. We are so easy to piss off. I liked Color Splash, by the way XD.

Heathen!

miz1q2w3e said:
Volterra_90 said:

Heathen!

I can live with that :P

Ljink96 said:

But ONLINE SERVICES ARE A SERVICE OR UTILITY. Do you ever wonder why sites like Wikipedia ask for money to keep their site up? It costs money to keep up a server. I'm referring to online services, not games. Where'd you get games from? Online is free for those devices now, but for Nintendo that's because they kept paying out of pocket to keep their servers up. If it didn't cost anything to run a server, we'd still have Mario Kart DS Servers and Devil's Third servers. Nintendo was nice enough to allow free online. Like I said, Sony and Microsoft don't make you pay because they're dicks. There's a reason. PS3 had free online for a while, but then they realized they could make money off it.

But games aren't, unlike Wikipedia you have to pay to own them. If you're just reffering to online features besides online play (which you clearly aren't based on the rest of your post) then why are we having this conversation? No one cares about paying for temporarily free VC games, they care about their games suddenly being put behind an additional paywal, that's the issue here. Wii/DS online only went down because the server host Gamespy went under or something, unless you somehow believe Wii n DS didn't well and beyond cover the cost of online servers despite Nintendo still having billions in the bank from that gen. Yep Nintendo was nice before, but now they're greedy anti-consumer bastards. As already said, free online works, game sales cover the server cost, that is simply a proven fact.

Also lol at the bolded, you just destroyed your entire argument by admitting the paywall is solely for additional profits, not maintaining servers as you were trying to claim earlier. Btw PS3 still has free online.

mZuzek said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I sure hope you're right.

It did send a message. Federation Force had one of the worst receptions ever at E3 2015, and horrible sales in the end.

Check this out. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-offers-metroid-mother-3-fans-a-glimmer-of/1100-6446941/

I think reading those words it is all but confirmed we're getting a Metroid game on the Switch before 2019... and Reggie does seem to understand how people felt about the crap we got (notice how he says "the next true installment").

>insta-boner