By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Online Subscription service: What do you want it be?

Just came here to say free as well

Around the Network

I want them to crawl out of the cave they have been sleeping in and let me link my purchases to my ID.

I wonder why people expect it to be free, knowing it costs to run online services. If it didn't it would be free. It's like freaking water. It should be free, but the services that go into it to purify it aren't free. Nintendo's a company, not your bitch.

What the heck's gotten into me :`(

I think they should change their service to something like this, first and foremost:

A. 1 retro title of our choice (from the entire VC library, maybe exclude games from the 7th gen) + 1 indie/3rd party title per month.

B. 3 retro titles, Nintendo chooses 2, we can choose 1 from a pool of x amount (maybe make it series-themed?).

C. 2 games, chosen by Nintendo (so a copy of PS+ and XBL).

Then, they should offer as much as the other 2 services as possible. I don't know what they have, so I can't give specifics.

IF they somehow can't (or more accurately, won't), online gameplay should be completely free, and the service cheaper than PS+/XBL. 

It's just amazing how they can see all the mistakes Sony and MS did with their own services, and be prepared to avoid it when they launch their own, but still manage to give a worse service. But it's still too early to tell; Kimishima said they'll talk specifics later. That means they have more to announce, or they might be willing to make changes.

Because what they have right now is worth around 20 cents a year.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Ljink96 said:
I wonder why people expect it to be free, knowing it costs to run online services. If it didn't it would be free. It's like freaking water. It should be free, but the services that go into it to purify it aren't free. Nintendo's a company, not your bitch.

Probably your undying love to Nintendo is making you defend them no matter what even if it means saying crazy stuff. Once you buy water, you don't have to pay to open it up and drink it, so your comparison falls flat.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Ljink96 said:

Probably your undying love to Nintendo is making you defend them no matter what even if it means saying crazy stuff. Once you buy water, you don't have to pay to open it up and drink it, so your comparison falls flat.

Well if you drink contaminated water youre going to pay for it later...

personally i want it to be free... but since it isnt...

$9.99 per year is the max i will pay. and higher than that and I can just play Splatoon online for free on my Wii U

as for the "monthly SNES and NES rentals" i dont care for that. just use the extra cash flow to get more games on VC and i will happily pay for it

Since it's not gonna be free, we know that, 0.01€ should do it. The entire gen.

Seriously, Nintendo lost an opportunity to differenciate themselves on the paid online issue with ease. It was a wasted opportunity. And now it seems they try to make it even worse than the competition. I'm just saying that I hope that Nintendo fandom provides some "nasty" feedback in case the worse happens.

KLXVER said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

That doesn't really make sense as a response since I'm not saying water should be free, evidenced by the bolded. I'm saying after buying a game in full, you shouldn't then have to pay to play it, especially when the payment isn't even based on how much you actually play it.

Einsam_Delphin said:
KLXVER said:

That doesn't really make sense as a response since I'm not saying water should be free, evidenced by the bolded. I'm saying after buying a game in full, you shouldn't then have to pay to play it, especially when the payment isn't even based on how much you actually play it.

It was a joke. A bad one admittingly, but here we are...