By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS Looks Cool. Nintendo's Next Franchise?

I initially lumped this in with 1-2 switch as motion control gimmick garbage, but nah it's a real game. I heard it even has online, which is good because now Nintendo has no excuse not to put online play in every game it would make sense in.

Around the Network

The design of some of those characters is brilliant.

Soundwave said:
Mystro-Sama said:
While it does look decent this is no franchise.

Why not? Honestly the character designs to me look better than Splatoon. That Mummy guy is cool. The girl is kinda generic, but sexy so the guys are going to like that. The name is a bit lazy, but aside from that it looks cool. Looks like a Capcom game to me almost. 

You're into some kinky shit bro.

Mystro-Sama said:
While it does look decent this is no franchise.

I said the same thing about splatoon

I honestly feel this is some lost obscure Neo Geo fighting game of the 90s if it was 2D. It also seems kinda like Virtual On.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Soundwave said:

Why not? Honestly the character designs to me look better than Splatoon. That Mummy guy is cool. The girl is kinda generic, but sexy so the guys are going to like that. The name is a bit lazy, but aside from that it looks cool. Looks like a Capcom game to me almost. 

You're into some kinky shit bro.

lol, maybe but I've never heard a guy complain about a girl in a cheerleader outfit. 

I could see the potential in this game doing well.
Not Splatoon levels, but then again, before that game came out, we didn't think Splatoon could reach Splatoon levels, some people even thought that it would bomb.
So hey, if Splatoon taught us anything, it's to wait and see how things play out.

Honestly way too early to tell. Much like the Splatoon reveal, the foujdation shows promise but we need to know how substantial it is. If it has a healthy number of characters, the traditional control options work, and there's a substantial singleplayer offering, then yeah, I could see it. But none of that has been shown or discussed so we have to wait and see.

Game looks really nice and clean, and as others have said some of the character designs are really nice. Only thing is I would like to see some more content to justify the $60 price tag, but other than that I really like the look of this game. Also nice to know it can be played with traditional controls iirc

I think the next entry should support VR, that would be pretty cool.