By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS Looks Cool. Nintendo's Next Franchise?

I'll show you my exact reaction to Arms.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

One of the features they added was a real local multiplayer mode. I didn't even buy the original because it was such a patchwork job.

@ BOLD: WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did they say that there is a local multiplayer mode on Splatoon 2 ?!?!?!?!

It looks way too one-dimensional for me, and the genre has certainly take hit: thanks, FPS games!

Gives me a Punch out vibe which is great. Character designs are really good too. Looks like it could be the new core multiplayer franchise for Nintendo. GameXplain heard the rep in charge of the demo say there's plenty of depth in the game play too which is great to hear.

But it also reminds me that there hasn't been a new punch out yet so I'm also sad about that. Maybe they will have a Little Mac and Doc call back somewhere.

Can this be played with a single joycon? 2 player = 2 joycons?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

My thought is that Arms, even if doesn't do as well as Splatoon (and I do not think it will take off like it, though I would not be surprised to see a million or so units sold), is tied to Splatoon.

Namely that this game was put into production because of the success of Splatoon, that this will be the first of a series of new titles and I.P made by younger Nintendo workers.

Sort of like Adventure Time and Iron Man helped spark a Animation and Super Hero revival.

Until one of these ideas really tanks, I suspect that we'll see Nintendo try more of these ideas out, particularly as they have the advantage of smaller budgets and first party takes on profits to make them less risky than new I.P's from Ubisoft and the like.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Am I the only one that thinks in Overwatch seeing those characters design and that overall artstyle? Not that I'm complaining, Overwatch looks cool.

Dand said:
spemanig said:

One of the features they added was a real local multiplayer mode. I didn't even buy the original because it was such a patchwork job.

@ BOLD: WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did they say that there is a local multiplayer mode on Splatoon 2 ?!?!?!?!

Can't remember, to be honest. But it's there.