By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS Looks Cool. Nintendo's Next Franchise?

Watching it on the Treehouse Live, it looks like a lot of fun. The character designs are different for Nintendo but more modern and a nice balance between being kid friendly but not so much that it isn't fun for older folkes too. 

I don't want to go crazy and say it's the next Splatoon, but it looks like it could become a solid new IP for Nintendo. 

Looks a Powerstone meets Punch-Out meets Street Fighter IV hybrid. Character designs are reminscent of Overwatch too, which I immediately looked at thought Nintendo needed a character IP like that. Also you can play with regular buttons/joypad too if you don't want to use motion controls so I like that like Splatoon they give people a choice. 

Here's the Treehouse footage of the game being played by the Treehouse staff:

https://youtu.be/qadzCB3CLlI?t=44m16s

Around the Network

I was really bummed to see it's not a launch title, definitely had me more excited than 1-2 Switch. It definitely has that Nintendo charm, even if it appears to be a fairly simplistic game.

It looked pretty dumb to me initially, but maybe it won't be that bad. I do like the art style for it. Pretty unique overall.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Johnw1104 said:
I was really bummed to see it's not a launch title, definitely had me more excited than 1-2 Switch. It definitely has that Nintendo charm, even if it appears to be a fairly simplistic game.

Yeah definitely bummed about that, 1/2 Switch looks like a bunch of rejected Wii Party crap. ARMS looks like a legit solid game. But maybe with the extra time they can polish it. 

While it does look decent this is no franchise.

Around the Network

The ribbon girl already looks good to be the main mascot! Splatoon has the inklings and callie and marie.

But one part of splatoon being a phenomenon was THE ADVERTISING! Advertise this Nintendo!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Really excited for it. Very charming, and it looks to be a solid use of motion controls which I've been craving since Skyward Sword. Actually would have been a great game for a VR system.

It's a cool concept, i wonder if it's as fun to play as it looks

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Mystro-Sama said:
While it does look decent this is no franchise.

Why not? Honestly the character designs to me look better than Splatoon. That Mummy guy is cool. The girl is kinda generic, but sexy so the guys are going to like that. The name is a bit lazy, but aside from that it looks cool. Looks like a Capcom game to me almost. 

I hope to see one of the characters in the next Smash bros